Darts...

Sideshow

I quite like Wade and Barney is back in form but Taylor and van Gerwen has to be the final. It could be huge.

I would rather mvg v barney final.

Worse case Barney has a mental break down/ notices he is playing taylor and only averages low 90,And wade somehow manages to beat mvg.He must be favourite for the tournament after that display.

It's why we watch this game, and love it, as we always hope for a match like that. They don't happen every week, year, decade, but when we do witness them, it provides unprecedented levels of entertainment, and excitement. That was absolutely astonishing.

The pace was sublime, and the manner in which Adrian Lewis continued to fight back against van Gerwen was incredible. The greatest "losing" performance I can ever recall witnessing.

van Gerwen is a player who you get genuinely excited to watch. An extraordinary talent, who amazes, and even surpasses himself, at every opportunity we have to watch him. Like Marshmallo, I hope we see a van Gerwen v Taylor final, as that may be the only possible encounter that can surpass tonight.

I'm almost appreciative to Adrian Lewis and Michael van Gerwen. That was an unbelievable match, and one that we'll never forget.

Barney near enough back to his best.

Wade going about his business.

MVG looking like no one can stop him.

It would be sickening if taylor managed to get his hands on the trophy.

William hill go 13/8 both taylor and mvg for the title.Never seen this before

Edited by F_T_Y

Is it my imagination, or was James Wade chatting to a dog at the start of his walk-on? (And no, I'm not referring to either of the walk-on girls.)

No, you did not imagine that. Possibly the most surreal moment of this year's tournament.

I'd like to take this chance to wish Rodders a happy birthday too, I presume that he'll be celebrating later with Lloydy.

I just don't see how Wade beats MVG. Taylor/Barney is really one of them ones that can go either way.

Yep, van Gerwen would need to dip significantly for Wade to have a realistic chance. But, if he does, we can be assured that Wade will punish him for it. As you say, Taylor/Barney is the truly compelling fixture. It could be just as likely to be a comfortable win for Taylor, as it is a win for van Barnveveld. It's a hard one to call.