Darts...

Sideshow

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. Think the PL is going to be quite a high turnover this year. Anderson, MVG, Barney, Wright and Adrian Lewis to stay. Everyone else could be a debutant. Mensur, Gurney both stick ons via World ranking but van den Bergh, Jamie Lewis, Rob Cross, van De Pas and Gerwen Price could all realistically stake a claim to replace guys like Chisnall, Smith, Huybrechts. 

I don't think Adrian Lewis will make it

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. Think the PL is going to be quite a high turnover this year. Anderson, MVG, Barney, Wright and Adrian Lewis to stay. Everyone else could be a debutant. Mensur, Gurney both stick ons via World ranking but van den Bergh, Jamie Lewis, Rob Cross, van De Pas and Gerwen Price could all realistically stake a claim to replace guys like Chisnall, Smith, Huybrechts. 

Don't see why Adrian Lewis should get in again, hasn't done anything for months.

Personally I wouldn't have him in but I don't think they'll exclude him for the year. If the excuse of giving Wade a year off it to recharge was accepted a few years back, then it could definitely be used for Lewis who looks totally disinterested. 

Edited by djchapsticks

I'd say there is very little chance Adrian Lewis will be included. He's been rank rotten for a long time and will be outside the top 16 so zero justification to include him.

Cross is a shoe in. Will have a top ten ranking after this championship and he's done that inside a year which is unheard of.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He's been in very poor form but is still 7th in the world rankings. I reckon based on that and the fact that he's definitely still a draw, he'll get the nod. 

That's based on the end of November though, a new one is due shortly. 

27 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That's based on the end of November though, a new one is due shortly. 

Thing you need to remember, though, there is a very real possibility that there's no notable English presence of note in the PL next year...Feel will be gone, Wade, Chisnall and Smith are woefully out of form and jobbers like Bunting and White will likely not be considered at all. The most realistic candidate for a PL spot from England on current form is almost definitely Rob Cross and I reckon he'll get his chance too. I think the factors I've mentioned previously, coupled with this will see Lewis as a cert for a wildcard. I suppose Darren Webster depending on how far he goes in the tournament but has he really had anything approaching a memorable season and does anyone really care about him?

I don't really agree with it, but Lewis is still a huge name and is definitely a draw and it'll be enough to get him in. It's almost the same scenario that has been keeping Barney in the PL for year after year when he's no longer bothering with the circuit so had dropped to the verge of outside the top 16 a few times. He's still got a huge following and the PDC/Sky will recognise this is similar to Lewis. They'll already feel the pinch now that the sex pest is gone, they almost certainly wont drop a double world champion along with Taylor.