Darts...

Sideshow

Fixture List has been announced for the Premier League - looks like it'll be a good night in Glasgow, pity I can't make it.

Premier League - Week 9

Raymond van Barneveld vs Adrian Lewis

Simon Whitlock vs Terry Jenkins

Ronnie Baxter vs Phil Taylor

Mervyn King vs James Wade

I don't know whether this is normal or whether it is caused by having worn glasses or what, but when I look past an object I see double of any objects in my line of vision infront of that object. So, when I look at my board, I can see the one dart twice, through either eye. Is this normal? It puts me off a bit because I'm not sure what one to aim with. huh.gif

stole this off another forum :ph34r:

Have a 5 minute warm up.then do half an hour of just aiming for the treble 20 and count how many you hit.I got 38 earlier.

If you use that method you cant really measure it against other people due to speed of their throw, I throw pretty quick (bout 10-12 secs for 3 darts), I tried the half hour though and got 78 (2 180's)

I think throwing 100 darts at treble 20 and counting how many is a better judge, i aim for 20, so thats 1 in 5.

If you use that method you cant really measure it against other people due to speed of their throw, I throw pretty quick (bout 10-12 secs for 3 darts), I tried the half hour though and got 78 (2 180's)

I think throwing 100 darts at treble 20 and counting how many is a better judge, i aim for 20, so thats 1 in 5.

I don't really know much about pub darts etc but that sounds pretty impressive. What do you normally average?

The way i look at it you should'nt really be giving a toss about averages when you are practicing, the main thing should be that you are relaxed to be able to throw your best, most accurate darts and thinking about an irrelevent average score is not the way to throw your best.

You can look at your averages when you practice with a few mates and are playing "competitive" games of darts, this will help to get more of a "game head" on when you will need to hit the numbers under some pressure, so ideally the guys you are practicing with are as near as damn it the same standard or better than yourself.

Fixture List has been announced for the Premier League - looks like it'll be a good night in Glasgow, pity I can't make it.

Premier League - Week 9

Raymond van Barneveld vs Adrian Lewis

Simon Whitlock vs Terry Jenkins

Ronnie Baxter vs Phil Taylor

Mervyn King vs James Wade

Did King not play Wade in Glasgow last year?

Disappointed the Wizard isn't playing Lewis or Taylor. Him and Barney will have some support.