Darts...

Sideshow

[There's just two qualifiers left - Barney will need to remember to attend those two otherwise he won't even be eligible for the UK Open Finals in June.

Astonishingly Barney has NOT registered for this weekend's qualifier which means he won't be in Bolton.

Astonishingly Barney has NOT registered for this weekend's qualifier which means he won't be in Bolton.

what a shambles.He should retire now.He tryed to play taylor at mind games and all sorts look at him now bottom of the league.Taylor has beat him into half of a man.Im sure that when barney is playing all he thinks about is taylor and being better than him.Retire now whilst you still have some pride left :guinness:guinness

What's the thoughts on Taylor winning every major this year? I actually DON'T think it will happen if Wade continues in the same manner for the rest of the year. The UK open is the hardest to win for Taylor obviously and I reckon he will come up short here at least.

It would be rather shit if he wins every major.

I'd disagree - it's hardly his fault that the other players can't get to his level (his level being astronomical) on a consistent basis.

In saying that, Wade and King look more likely than most to be challenging him this year so it would be good if they had a right go at winning at least one of the majors this year.

Players Championship (Wigan)

Fourth Round

Andy Smith 6-3 Mark Walsh

Kevin Painter 6-3 Steve Beaton

Gary Anderson 6-2 James Wade

Barrie Bates 6-5 Adrian Lewis

Mark Webster 6-3 Denis Ovens

Andy Hamilton 6-3 Jamie Caven

Wes Newton 6-1 Terry Jenkins

Colin Osborne 6-5 Mervyn King

Quarter Finals

Andy Smith 6-4 Kevin Painter

Gary Anderson 6-5 Barrie Bates

Andy Hamilton 6-2 Mark Webster

Wes Newton 6-4 Colin Osborne

Semi Finals

Andy Smith 6-4 Gary Anderson

Wes Newton 6-5 Andy Hamilton

Final

Wes Newton 6-2 Andy Smith

Special mention to Ana Dobromyslova who beat Co Stompe and Diamond Dave Askew today before losing to Osborne in the 3rd round. I think that could be her best showing since starting on the Pro Tour.

What's the thoughts on Taylor winning every major this year? I actually DON'T think it will happen if Wade continues in the same manner for the rest of the year. The UK open is the hardest to win for Taylor obviously and I reckon he will come up short here at least.

I think there's a good chance of him doing so but it's difficult to say as form could change over the next few months. Wade and King are playing very well at the moment, and I fancy Whitlock to come close in at least one of the majors.

UK Open Qualifier (Wigan)

Fourth Round

Mark Walsh 6-3 Mark Dudbridge

Wes Newton 6-2 Gary Anderson

Wayne Jones 6-3 Justin Pipe

Colin Lloyd 6-2 Chris Thompson

Dennis Priestley 6-4 Steve Brown

John Part 6-1 Jamie Caven

Colin Osborne 6-5 Simon Whitlock

Ronnie Baxter 6-4 Steve Beaton

Quarter Finals

Mark Walsh 6-2 Wes Newton

Colin Lloyd 6-3 Wayne Jones

Dennis Priestley 6-4 John Part

Colin Osborne 6-1 Ronnie Baxter

Semi Finals

Colin Lloyd 6-3 Mark Walsh

Colin Osborne 6-4 Dennis Priestley

Final

Colin Lloyd 6-3 Colin Osborne

Jaws picks up his second win of the season with victory in today's UK Open Qualifier.

Wes Newton followed up yesterday's title win with a decent run this afternoon and also good to see John Part in the mix.

Special mention to (Sir) Dennis Priestley - tremendous run for him today. The guy is one of the true legends of the sport.

Anderson is doing very well this year on the floor. Will he ever bring it onto the stage?

NO

Agreed-bottler big style!

I may be wrong but i am sure Anderson has stated on SKY Sports that he hates the TV cameras and would love it if he could maintain the form he shows on the floor tournaments up to the big stage. He even added he was a "pub player".

The guy is class but could be just another could have been. IMO he is better than Thornton

I may be wrong but i am sure Anderson has stated on SKY Sports that he hates the TV cameras and would love it if he could maintain the form he shows on the floor tournaments up to the big stage. He even added he was a "pub player".

The guy is class but could be just another could have been. IMO he is better than Thornton

If he caant do it infornt of the cameras when it matters then he needs to get over that mental barrier he is a class player no doubt about that.

Premier league tonight

King v Taylor

Jenkins v Barney

Wade V Baxter

Lewis V THE WIZARD.Anyone know what happened with the superstars of darts forum says it is closed :o

If he caant do it infornt of the cameras when it matters then he needs to get over that mental barrier he is a class player no doubt about that.

Premier league tonight

King v Taylor

Jenkins v Barney

Wade V Baxter

Lewis V THE WIZARD.Anyone know what happened with the superstars of darts forum says it is closed :o

Aye, the owner had enough. Too much 'bullying' for his liking, apparently. Hadn't used that site for a while - in fact, only logged in at the weekend there to check on the scores as the PDC site was down.

It was good because you had a few of the darts players posting on it, but it ran its course.

yeah it was good funniest thing i ever read on there is when Kirk shepard made a post and didnt spell something right then some guy comes on and says your as stupid as you look on tv :lol:

Bad thing about it was everytime i posted something positive about the BDO i got the pish ripped out of me.