Sideshow

Wes Newton 5-5 Kim Huybrechts

180s

Newton: 3

Huybrechts: 3

Over 40 Checkouts

Newton: 51, 78, 143, 81

Huybrechts: 64

Wes Newton certainly has the ability to pull some right crackers out of the bag, doesn't he? This is an absolute cracker of a match though. Come on people. Try and pick a winner for this bad boy.

I've been impressed by the belgian and would like him to win but I'll take Newton.

Adrian Lewis 2-3 Dave Chisnall

180s

Lewis: 1

Chisnall: 2

Over 40 Checkouts

Lewis: None

Chisnall: None

Dave Chisnall has done incredibly well to stick with Lewis never mind actually break him and take the lead as well.

Adrian Lewis 5-5 Dave Chisnall

180s

Lewis: 4

Chisnall: 3

Over 40 Checkouts

Lewis: 96

Chisnall: 68

When someone with the big stage experience of Lewis is taken aback by the atmosphere, you know that the crowd is something special. Great moment after the 68 checkout when Chizzy turns and wants the crowd to cheer and they let out this mammoth cheer.

Right. The match. Adrian Lewis has been fantastic here and I have to stress again that Chisnall is playing very very well here. TWICE Lewis has hit a 180 only for Chisnall to walk up and hit one right after it. This is another belter.

Adrian Lewis 10-5 Dave Chisnall

180s

Lewis: 8

Chisnall: 4

Over 40 Checkouts

Lewis: 96, 146, 104, 123

Chisnall: 68

Adrian Lewis is looking like a potential tournament winner and he wound up running away from Chisnall in this one, hitting 180s for fun and doing the big finishes for fun. That was the performance of a world champion.

Right, after going through the mill during that World Cup draw I can settle down to watch the rest of the darts.

Don't think Wade will have too much trouble against Baxter if The Machine plays like he can.

Right, after going through the mill during that World Cup draw I can settle down to watch the rest of the darts.

Don't think Wade will have too much trouble against Baxter if The Machine plays like he can.

Baxter was outstanding yesterday.

Edited by taurus

Baxter was outstanding yesterday.

He was pretty good yesterday, yeah. Still won't win if Wade is on his A-game.

As it is, Wade is off the boil and Baxter is playing very well. 3-2 Baxter at the break.

James Wade 2-3 Ronnie Baxter

180s

Wade: 1

Baxter: 2

Over 40 Checkouts

Wade: 81

Baxter: 116

James Wade has been let off here in a big way. It should be at least 4-1 but Baxter wasn't clinical enough and he allowed Wade back into the match.

James Wade 5-5 Ronnie Baxter

180s

Wade: 5

Baxter: 3

Over 40 Checkouts

Wade: 81

Baxter: 116, 66

James Wade is pulling his shit together at the moment. He's not exactly pulling out the wonder darts but he seems to be doing enough that he'll eventually see off Baxter.

James Wade 10-7 Ronnie Baxter

180s

Wade: 8

Baxter: 7

Over 40 Checkouts

Wade: 81, 56, 41, 105, 82, 61

Baxter: 116, 66, 56

This turned out to be a real show of quality from James Wade. Not that Baxter was playing badly while this was going on. He played really well and the seven 180s are a testament to that. There's only so much you can do about Wade when he turns it on though.

Raymond Van Barneveld 2-3 Mark Walsh

180s

Barney: 1

Walsh: None.

Over 40 Checkouts

Barney: 106, 46

Walsh: None.

It's all a bit flat for me because of the cracking stuff that has come before it. It's a cracker though and it could well go to a decider if both guys keep going the way they're going.

Raymond Van Barneveld 7-3 Mark Walsh

180s

Barney: 2

Walsh: 2

Over 40 Checkouts

Barney: 106, 46, 121, 121, 76, 81

Walsh: 120

When you consider how well Barney was playing, it's amazing that he made such a hard task of the 10th leg, but he's playing absolutely amazing here. 6/6 on the doubles at one point. Wowzers.

Good to see Barney hitting doubles consistently and maintaining a high average. The big finishes will give him even more confidence. It's still early days and there will be doubt about his seemingly vulnerable attitude. I think he has improved that, and we could see him competitive in Major's again. Maybe starting this weekend, but it'll be tough against Wade. Could be a classic.

As for the Quarter Finals, it's a great lineup, and the members of the SKY hype machine will be gutted at missing out on the chance of throwing out a few more Taylor videos for the Nicholson game. Sid Waddel will be inconsolable in his basment, in fact, I bet he'll commentate on the game on his own. Ultimately, it's a minor story to me, but it certainly adds a little bit of spice to the game. Look forward to it!

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Huybrechts contends against Lewis. He looks a real talent that has been unhearthed this week, and it'll be interesting to see what he can do against the World Champ. Regarding the World championship, I'd imagine that Huybrechts is almost guaranteed a spot through the European Money List?

Regarding the World championship, I'd imagine that Huybrechts is almost guaranteed a spot through the European Money List?

He's on at least £7,500 from this weekend but that won't be nearly enough .. he'll need to kick some ass between now and December to qualify.