Darts...

Sideshow

He's on at least £7,500 from this weekend but that won't be nearly enough .. he'll need to kick some ass between now and December to qualify.

Thanks for that Naitch. He certainly looks to have the talent to challenge some of the seeds at the Worlds, will be good to see him earn a place rather than the usual duds that make it!

Thanks for that Naitch. He certainly looks to have the talent to challenge some of the seeds at the Worlds, will be good to see him earn a place rather than the usual duds that make it!

Yeah, it would be good. He'll most likely have to make it through one of the regional qualifiers - he should do what Roland Scholten did last year and turn up at the Spanish qualifiers and skoosh right through the field!

Yeah, it would be good. He'll most likely have to make it through one of the regional qualifiers - he should do what Roland Scholten did last year and turn up at the Spanish qualifiers and skoosh right through the field!

Yeah! That's right! That was a really shrewd move from Scholten last year! Did take a bit of guts though, as if he had failed, then you could argue that might have been his career finished.

There will be quite a few big names trying to qualify most likely through the Regionals. Wayne Mardle for one, who is seemingly extremely confident about his game at the moment, will be hoping for a spot.

But it really is hard to believe that the World Championship will be here before we know it...won't be long!

But it really is hard to believe that the World Championship will be here before we know it...won't be long!

I know, not long at all! :D

Just have to get through the darts drought first.. after tonight there's no TV darts until October.

That turned into a belter of a match... Lewis sneaked through 10-8.

It looks like Huybrechts will be at the Worlds after all - I completely forgot that the Ally Pally changed to a field of 72 (instead of 64) a couple of years ago and that they include the top eight in the European OOM. The Belgian has definitely made a name for himself this weekend!

I know, not long at all! :D

Just have to get through the darts drought first.. after tonight there's no TV darts until October.

I know! Absolutely hate the period after the Matchplay until the Grand Prix....darts withdrawal symptoms!

As for today's play, Lewis got a tough match as we expected after a fine start, and Barney's good form continues. I fancy him to give Lewis quite a match this evening!

Well, the anticipated match is here. Phil the Perv will be looking to completely blow away Nicholson...lets hope Paul gives him a game!

Tea and biscuits are at the ready, bring it on!

Taylor 2-3 Nicholson

Paul started brilliantly taking a 3 legs to 0 lead, but a pressure Double 5 from Taylor got him on the board and Phil took the 5th leg in fine fashion.

You would expect a Taylor onslaught from here, so lets hope Paul keeps up with the pace! Great to watch.

Missed the game as I was working, but I heard Nicholson was 3-0 up at one stage. Did Taylor play well or was Nicholson poor?

Nicholson was well worth his 3-0 lead but as soon as Taylor upped his game there wasn't too much that Nicho could do. By the end of the match Taylor was throwing some brilliant darts.

Upped his game? He wasn't very good. He won four legs on the spin playing fairly poorly and Nicholson should be asking himself why he has been put out when in all honesty, it should have been about 6-1 rather than 4-3.