Darts...

Sideshow

Yeah, he doesn't want to be slipping out of the Top 32 at this stage in his career.

I must admit, I was surprised to see him in that position. Expected to see him in the low 20s. However, he does tend to go through fairly lean spells and with the rolling two year system, you can fall fairly rapidly if you don't make the money up.

It also shows how strong the PDC has become when a player of his calibre is down in that position.

Edited by Davis Love III

I must admit, I was surprised to see him in that position. Expected to see him in the low 20s. However, he does tend to go through fairly lean spells and with the rolling two year system, you can fall fairly rapidly if you don't make the money up.

Yep, and it wasn't all that long ago that Steve Beaton was just a pundit at these events for ITV4. Hope that he can make a good impression at the Worlds later this month.

Yep, and it wasn't all that long ago that Steve Beaton was just a pundit at these events for ITV4. Hope that he can make a good impression at the Worlds later this month.

Looking at the draw, it'll be quite tricky for him to make much of an impression. A potentially awkward first round match against Magnus Caris, before either Simon Whitlock or Dennis Smith in Round 2. Mervyn King may await in Round 3 if he got that far.

But Steve is more than capable of getting past Caris, and beating Whitlock, particularly if the Aussie is not 100% since his shoulder surgery.

It's going to be a huge tournament for Steve Beaton.

In terms of the World Championship being a critical event, for Mark Dudbridge, that is more true than for anyone else in the field.

Dudbridge is sitting at 32nd in the OOM and having had a pretty awful year on the circuit, a 1st round exit could quite conceivably see Flash fall the same way as Manley or Mardle. Unfortunately for him he plays Dave Chisnall in the 1st Round and Phil Taylor would be lurking in Round 2.

With the huge prize money on offer, and the large field, the World Championship offers potentially career breaking or making pressure.

Edited by Davis Love III

On the two double tops, I don't see the problem. The double is bigger than the treble, so why not?

I don't get people's problem with it either. I don't do it though, you spend most of your time throwing at treble 20, so it would be easier to hit. Also, it's just as deep as tops, just narrower. For a professional, they shouldn't worry about missing a treble 20 in the 5 or 1.

They've not sold too many tickets for this afternoon's session . Do you think the players prefer playing without the shouting and singing?

Theres just something cheap and shite about this tournament.

Maybe its the Cash Converters sponsorship that gives me that feeling.

On the two double tops, I don't see the problem. The double is bigger than the treble, so why not?

You throw at the treble the whole match, and elite players hit it regularly. Also, if you go above the double top you score zero, giving you a dart less should you come back. If you go above the treble you score 20.

Theres just something cheap and shite about this tournament.

Maybe its the Cash Converters sponsorship that gives me that feeling.

The lighting makes it look dingy, the stage looks cheap, there's about 100 people there and ITV's coverage is very amateurish.

Loved Rand beating Barney with the 170 finish. f**k knows what Barney was having a go at him for.