Darts...

Sideshow

Aye, it's a shame for Caris here. Hopefully it's a learning curve for him, because we've seen now a couple of times that he is getting more and more used to life in the PDC.

Kudos to Steve Beaton for just hanging in there and ensuring that he gets through. You can feel sorry for Caris, but Beaton needs to be commended for continuing to battle even when he knows how shite he's playing.

Well that was poor.Dave clarke the fucking tit trying to say if caris didnt react he wouldnt of got booed,what did he do to get booed in the first place ? apart from turn up and beast beaton in the first two sets.

All part of the greatest dart show on earth :rolleyes:

I do agree with the "don't react" stuff, because it only goes and adds fuel as Wayne Mardle says. They aren't making any mistake that the crowd shouldn't have been doing what they were doing. They shouldn't HAVE to say it either, unless they want to be patronising c***s.

They need to realise that Caris isn't used to the atmosphere. Ted Hankey has come back well from it after some bad times and Caris will have more oppertunities to do so. Adrian Lewis is probably the most amazing I've seen in that adversity.

They did deflect from the crowd I suppose, apart from when they said that the crowd are not entitled to do that, and also when they said that what they were doing wasn't right. Apart from that aye, they deflected.

Ach come on DomDom, let me be angry! Away with your reasoned approach to things!

That was a great match. Eric Bristow was absolute top drawer on commentary too! :lol:

I've never thought that he is particularly comfortable in the box, but some of his comments are absolutely priceless! Say what you will about Bristow, but he has a passionate and fantastic knowledge of the game.

That was a fantastic match, unfortunate draw for both players, but a great one for us! It's the best that Vincent has played for quite some time, and it's good to see some form from him again. Andy Hamilton or Antonio Alcinas for VDV in Round 2.

As for the Caris debacle from earlier, I think everyone raised legitimate points. Ultimately the PDC sold their souls in order to bring in big crowds and big money, and this was and always will be an unfortunate consequence that puts a stain on the event.

Looking forward to see how the crowd reacts to Paul Nicholson, considering he promised last week on Twitter that the "bad boy" was going to be unleashed again. It'll be interesting!