Darts...

Sideshow

The 180's are safe !

Phew indeed!

What a surreal match that was. Adrian Lewis is the luckiest man around right now. Despite the fact he came back, until the final couple of legs it was not at all convincing, and Heydon, who began to look a little tired I felt, could have easily punished Lewis at times.

Lewis didn't look properly prepared tonight, and if you're his sponsors and management team you have to ensure he gets his head down and gets back to work, as he hasn't looked at all sharp this year. MTJ cited the Painter example, remember the Part matches in Dublin and Wolverhampton. Lewis has not been up to the mark, and he's been given a second chance here.

I must say, what an incredible night it has been! The most eventful opening night of any tournament that I can recall!

Edited by Davis Love III

The standard was piss poor for the defending world champion and Heydon brought his A-game.......but it was fucking brilliant viewing. I woke my wee girl up screaming at the telly, trying to urge Heydon on......great stuff

It was absolutely gripping. The previous game between Webster and Burnett was captivating due to the incredible scoring, but the Lewis match was engrossing because nothing was certain. Even when Lewis got the two sets back, he wasn't at any point convincing and you always fancied that Heydon might take a couple of the chances that were put before him.

It's great to have the World Darts back. Christmas is now officially here!

It was absolutely gripping. The previous game between Webster and Burnett was captivating due to the incredible scoring, but the Lewis match was engrossing because nothing was certain. Even when Lewis got the two sets back, he wasn't at any point convincing and you always fancied that Heydon might take a couple of the chances that were put before him.

It's great to have the World Darts back. Christmas is now officially here!

The occasion just seemed to get to Heydon in the end, he bottled a few legs. Lewis will have to get his finger out or he will be "put to bed" © (copyright, Paul Nicholson 2011).

Great first night at the Worlds!!!!

:lol: The silver surfer showing a mean streak,some verbals with the crowd,Love how you heard someone shout w****r when the camera was on essien.Who cares who is in the crowd.

It fucks me right off when they show folk like Essien, Savage, Jimmy Anderson (whoever the f**k that is) when players are showing they must know it's going to provoke a reaction and put the players off. It's really shit patter.

Fair enough show them when you're coming back from a break or something when neither player is throwing.

I've just got this on in the background really it's just too brutal for me.