Darts...

Sideshow

I've never thought that he is particularly comfortable in the box, but some of his comments are absolutely priceless! Say what you will about Bristow, but he has a passionate and fantastic knowledge of the game.

The way Bristow wrapped up the commentary to the last match was just fantastic, only he could get away with it!

Forgot about Suljovic's walk on music - another reason to like him! :ph34r:

The way Bristow wrapped up the commentary to the last match was just fantastic, only he could get away with it!

Indeed! That was fantastic. I think Rod Studd was speechless at that point! (thank goodness for that)

Suljović is the ultimate grafter, so if Nicholson isn't quite on his game tonight, this could become a bit of a marathon. But you've got the love the annual appearances of Mr Jazz Hands!

Mensur as he seems to do almost ever year, put his opponent under huge pressure at times and was relentless. But well done Paul Nicholson, as that was a really awkward draw for him, and he has come through it. Alan Tabern in Round 2, so you'd fancy him to get to at least the 3rd Round, where he could potentially face Raymond Van Barneveld.

Mensur as he seems to do almost ever year, put his opponent under huge pressure at times and was relentless. But well done Paul Nicholson, as that was a really awkward draw for him, and he has come through it. Alan Tabern in Round 2, so you'd fancy him to get to at least the 3rd Round, where he could potentially face Raymond Van Barneveld.

I doubt barney will get that far.

Nice scream from nicholson at the end,he really is on a different planet.

Unfortunately Denis Ovens has had to retire from his match against Kevin Munch due to a trapped nerve in his back. Very sad for him, as he's still riding very high in the rankings and could have had a pretty good run this week. A freak injury has unfortunately taken Denis out of things.

Kevin Munch (who played great in the only set of the match) will go on to play Steve Farmer in Round 2. What an opportunity for those two players!

A sad end to what has been a very interesting night.

That was a great match. Eric Bristow was absolute top drawer on commentary too! :lol:

To be honest, I reallly like him, I can't stand Mardle or Harrington (they sound the same). I haven't heard his commentary, but I'm guessing he knows his stuff...didn't he predict a Lewis/Anderson final last year right from the start?

EDIT: I've been out all night, did Nicholson win? (I've an outside bet on him)

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

To be honest, I reallly like him, I can't stand Mardle or Harrington (they sound the same). I haven't heard his commentary, but I'm guessing he knows his stuff...didn't he predict a Lewis/Anderson final last year right from the start?

EDIT: I've been out all night, did Nicholson win? (I've an outside bet on him)

Aye. 3-1.

Aye, he's really on the ball is Bristow. Just a shame that he's only rarely on comms as he's always spot on - he called exactly how the final set of his afternoon commentary match would go well before it happened.

Really sad to see Ovens having to pull out last night - he did look in agony. Just his luck that this happens in the highest ranking tournament of the year. Could see him fall a good few places in the rankings now - though that'll be the last thing on his mind right now.

Edited by The Naitch

Tonight's action...

Sunday December 18

Brendan Dolan v Kim Huybrechts

Connie Finnan v Warren French (P)

Mark Dudbridge v Dave Chisnall

Raymond van Barneveld v James Richardson

Mark Walsh v Finnan/French

Dudbridge stands no chance against Chisnall, unless Chizzy starts to get nervous on the doubles. Can see Dolan having a tough time of it as well.

First night of being able to watch the darts - going to enjoy it as well!

Really good start from Huybrechts, and with him hitting winning darts it means we get to see his stunning missus. Really poor from Dolan though, his three double attempts at the end of the first set were honking.