Darts...

Sideshow

Painter needs to win this set,if it goes 3-1 i couldnt see part losing,He is playing superb here.

Yep. Cruical break of throw for Painter in the 4th set. Could be 2-2 in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: He let Part back in but that was a good recovery from Kev. 2-2 it is then!

Edited by The Naitch

no no no no no.painter is crumbling up there.104 from part and he is throwing for the match.

The crowd in the stand shouting stand up if your in the stand,the people sitting down return with you cant afford a table !.

Part takes it 4-2.Bet down already,might have a single on jaws later.

Edited by F_T_Y

What an engrossing match! As Tigerton said, a mixed bag in terms of the quality, but the tension up there made the match absolutely riveting. But fantastic entertainment!

I'm delighted that John pulled it off, but I do feel for Kevin Painter as he'll feel yet again, as he did in 08, that this was his best chance of becoming World Champion. Perhaps the pressure got to him, but Part certainly felt it too.

A great way to start what's going to be a classic day of darts!

The pressure certainly got to painter at crucial moments. With Taylor out, we'll see who has the bottle now. Arguably, this is when the pressure is greater as you know how big an opportunity is. So far, Painter and King have buckled, who's next?

Part has been woeful for four years until this tournament. I reckon he'll beat Wade though. Wade has been pish so far and had some easy opponents.

Edited by MTJ