Darts...

Sideshow

Pah thats nothing i hit a 164 on friday,went into the competition yesterday and got beat 3-0 first game,Wanted 43 to win 1 leg ,went for big fat 3 and hit treble 17.Nerves of steel :angry:

Nothing worse when that happens. Played a few other matches and must have had about 15 darts at a double in two separate matches, got beat them both :lol:

I like Hankey, he's a good panto villain. When he won his first title in 2000ish he played better than anyone I've ever seen... he would definitely have given Taylor a run for his money playing like that. Anyone reckon he will be able to get back to that standard or anywhere near? And how does Stoke keep producing brilliant darts players?

That reminds me I am going down to see the World Matchplay for the Semi's and Final. Has anyone been and if so is it easy enough to get table seats?

Never been myself but my sister and her partner went down a couple of years ago and they thought that all the table seats went to dart clubs. They ended up sitting underneath the balcony neat the bar but said this was still a good spot. They also went on and on and on about how the price of drink wasn't bad at all. 10 quid for a 4 pint pitcher of lager and 12 for cider but that has probably went up by now.

I like Hankey, he's a good panto villain. When he won his first title in 2000ish he played better than anyone I've ever seen... he would definitely have given Taylor a run for his money playing like that. Anyone reckon he will be able to get back to that standard or anywhere near? And how does Stoke keep producing brilliant darts players?

Probably not. Will be a good field player however and will add a lot more to the PDC than lower end tv players like Dolan and Brown

Kist is starting to make the odd mistake now, is he starting to wobble?

EDIT: Lovely 116 from O'Shea makes it 5-6. Six legs on the bounce from him. Still have to say it's advantage Kist - he just has to hold in this set to win the title.

Edited by The Naitch