Darts...

Sideshow

No, you did not imagine that. Possibly the most surreal moment of this year's tournament.

Nope, rewound it and Wade is up close with a dog. Maybe its his lucky mascot and as he's won the first leg its working.

How extraordinary. Scott Mitchell should hire it for his match at the Lakeside.

_50645519_mitchell.jpg

How extraordinary. Scott Mitchell should hire it for his match at the Lakeside.

_50645519_mitchell.jpg

Speaking of which, I saw the ad for the 2013 Lakeside earlier today and it's got me looking forward to next week at Frimley Green.

First set to Wade though van Gerwen seemed to sort out his doubling towards the end of that set.

Speaking of which, I saw the ad for the 2013 Lakeside earlier today and it's got me looking forward to next week at Frimley Green.

Yep, I can't wait either! The Lakeside has a terrific familiarity that makes it a must watch.

James Wade did what he needed to do there. Which is what he is going to have to do.

Indeed, and he's one of the best at that. Should van Gerwen give him chances, he'll take them. It's really all down to MVG in this one. If he maintains his level of scoring, and has a reasonable checkout percentage, he'll win. But if he doesn't, it could become very interesting.