Rugby Union

kiwififer

If you read the Ulster forum or FB page, their fans actually think he was biased against them!

Just shows you what they get away with every week then if they thought that was bad. Lacey couldn't ask for the TMO quickly enough when Hogg scored, then all night he had been very quick to award a scrum after shouting ruck, but when it happened right at the end he took ages to give it even though there were about 6 Warriors holding the Ulster player up.

I'm still baffled by their second try as to how it was awarded. They get a penalty, does it not have to go out on the full for them to get the lineout throw? Even then, it was instantly clear from the first replays shown that it didn't go 5 metres, TMO had to be telling Lacey that but was strangely silent.

If you read the Ulster forum or FB page, their fans actually think he was biased against them!

i am having a read at there FB page and most seam to think that the PRO 12 have it in for them

Just shows you what they get away with every week then if they thought that was bad. Lacey couldn't ask for the TMO quickly enough when Hogg scored, then all night he had been very quick to award a scrum after shouting ruck, but when it happened right at the end he took ages to give it even though there were about 6 Warriors holding the Ulster player up.

I'm still baffled by their second try as to how it was awarded. They get a penalty, does it not have to go out on the full for them to get the lineout throw? Even then, it was instantly clear from the first replays shown that it didn't go 5 metres, TMO had to be telling Lacey that but was strangely silent.

I does not mater is the ball bounces before going out for a pen. But the kick has to be behind the mark, a quick throw has to be inline/ further for the try line  from where it went out and has to go at least 5m. 

I enjoyed the absolute f**k out of that. Well deserved win. Ref was a p***k, but I thought he realised the error of his ways late second half and gave us everything towards the end. Hogg didn't have his best game, but his try is why I love rugby. To be honest, I think if the ref had gone back a bit further he may have seen a forward pass.

Are the Pro 12 any further on with sorting out this mess of referees taking charge of teams from their own country?

Seems like it causing constant grievances.

No. They seem to think that because Lacey is from the Republic that he won't favour Ulster. The point was made during commentary that the Italian refs aren't good enough, while Scots refs are also underused.

Enjoyable game on Friday night. Stuart Hogg's try was class, as was Tommy Seymour's. 

A decent Six Nations this year too. Competed with the better teams, apart from England, and, of course, came away with a couple of wins. Target has to be starting to beat the better teams rather than just giving them a game. 

Hope Hogg can keep up his current form going into next year. Shoe - in for the Lions tour if he does.

Big week coming up for the Warriors with consecutive games against the bottom two in Italy.

No ifs, buts or maybes, 10 points is a must imo. They've taken a 35 player squad over and are taking the opportunity to have a training camp with the end of season run in and hopefully the playoffs in sight.

Warriors lead 26-16 with 20 minutes to go, bonus point in the bag and it's been an excellent second half after going in 16-15 down at the break. Just need to hang on for the win now.

Only caught the last half hour, weirdly flat game, the Italian's have chucked it and we are doing enough by going through the motions.