Rugby Union

kiwififer

20 hours ago, dogmc said:

Already heard some irish fans moaning that depending on the standings going into the final one of the Scottish sides will roll over to help the other with play off places emoji16.png. Mind you couple years back Glasgow were monstering embra only to switch off in last 10 which allowed them to gain a 4 try bonus point and a losing bonus point....maybe the tinfoil hat brigade are onto something! Always think it's the fixtures during 6n which really heavily influence the table. Haven't looked but hopefully plenty of home games / Italian sides during that period. Oh and can we PLEASE have nationally neutral refs !!

I don't think it is that unbelievable.

6N clash games -

Glasgow v Scarlets & Ospreys v Glasgow

Ulster v Edinburgh & Edinburgh v Cardiff

Nationality neutral refs won't happen, league believes the refs are fair and views it like domestic competition. 

I don't think it is that unbelievable.

6N clash games -

Glasgow v Scarlets & Ospreys v Glasgow

Ulster v Edinburgh & Edinburgh v Cardiff

Nationality neutral refs won't happen, league believes the refs are fair and views it like domestic competition. 

The league may view it that way but the general standard of refereeing in Pro12 is dire. Owen n hodges aside most refs seem to make their minds up prior to kick off who will be penalised at ruck and scrum. They can't even get the put in to scrum straight. For a high profile league nationally neutral refs should be a given.

Some of you may have seen it previously but I recently watched a documentary on in flight entertainment called the Glory Game about Joost Van Der Westhuizen's diagnosis with ASL and the work he has been involved with various doctors to help with their research. Worth a watch on you tube.

46 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Some of you may have seen it previously but I recently watched a documentary on in flight entertainment called the Glory Game about Joost Van Der Westhuizen's diagnosis with ASL and the work he has been involved with various doctors to help with their research. Worth a watch on you tube.

I struggle to watch anything with him as he is now - genuinely heartbreaking to see a player I loved as a wee boy just slowly fade away.

There was a lovely story after Ireland's first test win though. There was a J9 Foundation event that they had been asked to send a representative to - the entire squad and backroom staff rocked up to support Joost.

Pleased to see Edinburgh moving to Myreside. A nice ground where I enjoyed watching my cousin playing for Watsonians a few years back. I just had a look at the fixtures and and the first few games are listed as being at Murrayfield, which, unless I've missed something, is surely a mistake.

Pleased to see Edinburgh moving to Myreside. A nice ground where I enjoyed watching my cousin playing for Watsonians a few years back. I just had a look at the fixtures and and the first few games are listed as being at Murrayfield, which, unless I've missed something, is surely a mistake.

Can't remember the specifics but I'm sure I read at the time they announced the move it's not until Oct time that they are moving and are back Murrayfield for the Glasgow game.

10 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Pretty sure they are only at Myreside for the 2nd half of the season as a trial.

In Rugby League, Scotland are in one of the two 'super groups' for the World Cup 2017 (hosted by Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea) along with New Zealand, Samoa and Tonga.

Australia has agreed to play their QF tie in Darwin, assuming they qualify. They have also decided to play the October Test v NZ at NIB Stadium in Perth which will be the first RL Test there.

18 minutes ago, Eednud said:

They have also decided to play the October Test v NZ at NIB Stadium in Perth which will be the first RL Test there.

I just got an email offering me the chance to get tickets for this game in the pre-sale

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nobody watching the Challenge Cup semi final on BBC2? Bruising start and Wigan 6-0 up on Hull. Huge Hull support but not so much from Wigan. I cancelled my Sky Sports ages ago so I'm glad to get my RL fix.

Cracking game, building up to some finish.