Rugby Union

kiwififer

So, despite Macron being comfortably the classiest of football shirt manufacturers, they seem incapable of making rugby shirts. The new Scotland range is just horrible.

Usually a big fan of the SRU using Orange as a Third colour on the shirts. Bit much of it in the new ones though

So, despite Macron being comfortably the classiest of football shirt manufacturers, they seem incapable of making rugby shirts. The new Scotland range is just horrible.

Not seen. Have really liked all the recent macron kits (not so much last season's 7s kits). Always liked that they retained the old school rugby shirt with collar look eta anyone got a link for

15s one? I quite like the new 7s kit (though I have appalling taste in fashion )

Not seen. Have really liked all the recent macron kits (not so much last season's 7s kits). Always liked that they retained the old school rugby shirt with collar look eta anyone got a link for
15s one? I quite like the new 7s kit (though I have appalling taste in fashion )

Yeah... about the collar. Slight reworking.

I like the home kit. Not so much the away or the sevens kit.

I think Macron for the most part have done a great job since they took over the Scotland and Glasgow shirt sponsorship.

Tend to agree tho my taste isn't to be relied upon. They've also been very good at getting training kits to grassroots level. My young lads school were supplied with macron training gear for all age grades which was exact same stuff that Scotland n pro guys get. Sounds like a daft thing but makes such a difference to the kids if they look like pros.

Admittedly last season wasn't their best but the few Edinburgh games I saw on tv it looked like they were struggling to half fill Myreside. Got to hope the new coach turns it around on the pitch, Glasgow could do with a top Edinburgh team in terms of losing player during international periods.

Admittedly last season wasn't their best but the few Edinburgh games I saw on tv it looked like they were struggling to half fill Myreside. Got to hope the new coach turns it around on the pitch, Glasgow could do with a top Edinburgh team in terms of losing player during international periods.

It's actually a decent enough squad on paper but even a decent team without confidence can look dire (Leicester last season for one). I'm dubious about cockerill being right guy as he prefers to stuff the ball up the jumper n every developmental direction in Scottish Rugby from district and national age grade through to seniors is for a high tempo expansive game. I also worry about him having an aneurysm first time he encounters lacey or clancy!! He should bring some mental strength though and that would in itself be a big step in the right direction. With respect to crowds I think they made move just as the slump made the season terminal. If they hit ground running playing a decent brand if rugby I'm sure crowds will improve.

4 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Still no word on from any pro 12 officials with regards to the expansion and including the South African teams?

Nope nothing concrete yet, but plenty from the SA players about how much they are looking forward to playing in Europe, basically saying its a shop window for them to get big money contracts at the other Pro12, English and French clubs