Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Still no word on from any pro 12 officials with regards to the expansion and including the South African teams?

Nope nothing concrete yet, but plenty from the SA players about how much they are looking forward to playing in Europe, basically saying its a shop window for them to get big money contracts at the other Pro12, English and French clubs

Nope nothing concrete yet, but plenty from the SA players about how much they are looking forward to playing in Europe, basically saying its a shop window for them to get big money contracts at the other Pro12, English and French clubs

When is the fixture schedule usually announced? It's not even just the fixture schedule it's the actual league set up as well that has yet to be officially announced. It's very frustrating

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

QLD on track for another 20 or 30 point victory. NSW are just utter horse shit

Some bottle job after looking like they'd wrapped it up with a game to spare. 11 wins from 12 for Queensland.

On 7/11/2017 at 20:32, ajwffc said:

Edinburgh will be playing the majority (minimum of 9) of there home games at Myreside for the next 3 seasons 

Seems a lot of Edinburgh fans unhappy at that. Their post on that on social media had a lot of "well that's me not getting a season ticket" posts. 

Seems a lot of Edinburgh fans unhappy at that. Their post on that on social media had a lot of "well that's me not getting a season ticket" posts. 

I don't understand why though. Murrayfield looks a pretty shit atmosphere with couple thousand fans in it where a half full or better myreside must be better atmosphere. I get the facilities won't be as good but what's the actual issue. It sounds like a sensible move to a neutral

Still hearing about Pro12, Pro14, Pro15, South African franchises, Italians leaving, North Americans joining blah, blah.

It's turning into Hell's merry-go-round.  I might just do a Snow White for the next 6 weeks and when I wake up everything might be sorted.

35 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I don't understand why though. Murrayfield looks a pretty shit atmosphere with couple thousand fans in it where a half full or better myreside must be better atmosphere. I get the facilities won't be as good but what's the actual issue. It sounds like a sensible move to a neutral

From the posts, facilities and transport were 2 reasons for it. 

Building something on the back pitches too seems to be the preferred answer!

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Would that building something be with SRU money or what Edinburgh can raise?

No answers to that one. Both Glasgow and Edinburgh need proper grounds and rugby homes. Scotstoun is better placed but I can't see it long term if Glasgow continue to develop. 

Still hearing about Pro12, Pro14, Pro15, South African franchises, Italians leaving, North Americans joining blah, blah.
It's turning into Hell's merry-go-round.  I might just do a Snow White for the next 6 weeks and when I wake up everything might be sorted.

Yeah its doing my head in now would like to know what's going on. It's not a good advert for the pro 12/14/15

No answers to that one. Both Glasgow and Edinburgh need proper grounds and rugby homes. Scotstoun is better placed but I can't see it long term if Glasgow continue to develop. 

Oh I dunno Scotstoun looks a decent ground. Glasgow always seem to fill it and the fans seem to be the "extra man". Glasgow could always add tiers to a stand or two if there on field success continues.

It's like if we ever got a third pro team in the reds . . . Where would they play because pittodrie is probably bit to big in capacity for fans to fill it.

Glasgow could definately do with a 15k-ish size ground at the moment, im pretty sure they could be getting 10k plus crowds most games if they had the capacity

You would think Dundee, Perth or Stirling would make more sense for a Caledonian team than Aberdeen as they are a bit more central.

If you are discounting the borders, in terms of rugby playing and support I think (and im in no way biased :)) putting a pro club in Ayrshire would be a god shout

Glasgow could definately do with a 15k-ish size ground at the moment, im pretty sure they could be getting 10k plus crowds most games if they had the capacity
You would think Dundee, Perth or Stirling would make more sense for a Caledonian team than Aberdeen as they are a bit more central.
If you are discounting the borders, in terms of rugby playing and support I think (and im in no way biased :)) putting a pro club in Ayrshire would be a god shout

Perth is probably best shout for reds but I think most of the support and sponsorship would pick Aberdeen. SRU should be adding to the cluster **** that is pro 12/14/15 by saying the reds are coming back so we can have a pro 12/14/15/16 debate.

56 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Oh I dunno Scotstoun looks a decent ground. Glasgow always seem to fill it and the fans seem to be the "extra man". Glasgow could always add tiers to a stand or two if there on field success continues.

It's like if we ever got a third pro team in the reds . . . Where would they play because pittodrie is probably bit to big in capacity for fans to fill it.

Scotstoun is not big enough and council owned. Athletics club detest the Warriors for a variety of reasons and the Warriors can't get bigger stands because of the track. Glasgow really should have their own rugby ground with not hassles- 15K capacity initially.

If a 3rd pro team returns I've maintained Dundee / Perth over Aberdeen, but wouldn't be totally opposed to Aberdeen. 

I love Scotstoun.  Don't wish to tempt fate but so far it's proven to be a bit of a fortress since we moved there barring international windows.

I think extending the capacity would be a great idea should the team continue to push on.  However, wouldn't the athletics club(s) that use it kick up a fuss again and scream that the Warriors are being favoured over them just like when the plastic turf was laid?