Rugby Union

kiwififer

45 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Ross Ford leaving Edinburgh at the end of the season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47867852

Great servant, but as he is down to 3rd choice not a surprise. Wonder if he is retiring or will look for another club?

Both Kennedy and Fowles away as well, wonder who they have lined up to come in at scrum half? Also think I must have blanked out Brown being capped.

Hamilton was unlucky, got into the Scotland squad while at Leicester, gets injured at the start of his time at Edinburgh, and is now below Mata, Barclay, Watson, Bradbury and Ritchie in the pecking order, wonder if he will end up at Glasgow or be off back down south?

36 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Big Dave signs a one year extension at Glasgow. Pleasing.

It would be better if he was signing for longer but another year is still a bonus. It's a funny season with so many away at the RWC . Add in the 6 Nations and Glasgow aren't going to see much of Zander, Brown, Gray, Price, G Horne, Hastings, H Jones and Johnson. If Peter Horne goes to the RWC then there is definitely a need for a new 10 as well as a 15. It might also mean seeing Niko back at 9 to support Frisbee which would be fun.

Luke Hamilton isn't what Glasgow need. It would be a pointless signing and take cash away from what they really need which is ball carrying either at lock or 6/8.

Edited by Detournement

Fucking right, I watched that yesterday and he was Northampton's stand out player. It seems he is committed to Scotland,  but I expect his recent form has meant there has been a few conversations with England. We really need to get him capped in the summer.
From what I have seen online he has not fully made up his mind yet. But he is more than likely to pick Scotland and Townsend is talking to him and he will his decision before the World Cup warmups

7 hours ago, ajwffc said:
On 08/04/2019 at 07:11, GAD said:
Fucking right, I watched that yesterday and he was Northampton's stand out player. It seems he is committed to Scotland,  but I expect his recent form has meant there has been a few conversations with England. We really need to get him capped in the summer.

From what I have seen online he has not fully made up his mind yet. But he is more than likely to pick Scotland and Townsend is talking to him and he will his decision before the World Cup warmups

I was sure I heard an interview with him either on the radio or a podcast where it sounded like he was already talking to Townsend and seemed very committed to Scotland. I suppose that means nothing until he's capped to be fair.

GUINNESS PRO14 REF APPOINTMENTS

ROUND 20

Friday, April 12, 2019 (All KO local)

Isuzu Southern Kings v Ospreys – KO 19.35
Madibaz Stadium, Port Elizabeth
Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU)
AR1: Frank Murphy (IRFU), AR2: Ruhan Meiring (SARU)
TMO: Sean Veldsman (SARU)
Live on Premier Sports 2, Super Sport 6, DAZN 19:35

Edinburgh v Ulster – KO 19.35
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU)
AR1: Lloyd Linton (SRU), AR2: Wayne Davies (WRU)
TMO: Charles Samson (SRU)
Live on Premier Sports 1 & eir Sport 2 19:35

Benetton v Munster – KO 20.00
Stadio Monigo, Treviso
Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)
AR1: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR), AR2: Simon Rees (WRU)
TMO: Stefano Roscini (FIR)
Live on DAZN, eir sport 1 Xtra (+ eir Sport app, Twitter and Facebook channels) and Free Sports, 19:00 IRE UK/20:00 Italy

Saturday, April 13, 2019 (All KO local)

Connacht v Blues – KO 15.00
Sportsground, Galway
Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU)
AR1: George Clancy (IRFU), AR2: Fin Brown (SRU)
TMO: Ken Henley-Willis (IRFU)
Live on Premier Sports 2 & TG4 15:00

Leinster v Glasgow – KO 15.00
RDS Arena, Dublin
Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR)
AR1: Joy Neville (IRFU), AR2: Mateo Liperini (FIR)
TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)
Live on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 1, DAZN 15:00

Scarlets v Zebre – KO 17.15
Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli
Referee: Keith Allen (SRU)
AR1: Dan Jones (WRU) AR2: Graeme Ormiston (SRU)
TMO: Neil Patterson (SRU)
Live on Premier Sports 1, eir Sport 2, DAZN 17:15

Toyota Cheetahs v Dragons – KO 19.35
Toyota Stadium, Bloemfontein
Referee: Sean Gallagher (IRFU)
AR1: John Lacey (IRFU) AR2: Griffin Colby (SARU)
TMO: Johan Greeff (SARU)
Live on Premier Sports 1, Super Sport 1 & CSN, DAZN

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

He should move to Glasgow. There's a massive 17th century bigot fanbase waiting to be tapped there. Mind you, it's a different type of 17th century bigot.  

Only joking, get him to f**k. The backwards god botherer that he is. 

Folau is obviously a Bible-thumping cowardly bigot who hides behind his religion, but Rugby Australia should have punted him the first time he spouted his nonsense on his social media rather than giving him a slap on the wrist. At least it's been done now. As Detournement says, he'll probably be at Toulon next year when he can play with fellow bigot, Mathieu Bastareaud.

I'm also sure he'll feel comforted when his equally thick, bigoted wife posts a passive-aggressive status on her social media.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

33 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Folau is obviously a Bible-thumping cowardly bigot who hides behind his religion, but Rugby Australia should have punted him the first time he spouted his nonsense on his social media rather than giving him a slap on the wrist. At least it's been done now. As Detournement says, he'll probably be at Toulon next year when he can play with fellow bigot, Mathieu Bastareaud.

I'm also sure he'll feel comforted when his equally thick, bigoted wife posts a passive-aggressive status on her social media.

Presumably that'll only happen if Bastareud repents for being black.

Folau is talking a load of shite but his opinion is fairly mainstream in large parts of the world. Excluding him from the World Cup for holding these beliefs makes no sense.

He is being exluded because he is risking 20 million AUD a year in sponsorship from Qantas due to negative press. Qantas have a problem with Folau but no problem with Saudi Arabia, UAE or Indonesia who actively harm homosexuals rather than spout religious guff on instagram. It's all about money.