Rugby Union

kiwififer

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t know. The signs of progress are all there, unlike certain other teams I could think of.

Watching the Edinburgh backs all standing static everytime VDW/Hickey got the ball didn't look like progress. 

The combination of the Edinburgh forwards being jaded by being overplayed and Dan McFarland having a good plan to nulify them meant it was all on 9-15 last night and they flopped badly.

Mata looks half the player he was before Xmas. Cockerill has ran him into the ground.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

That's great for him but i'm sure PI people are tired of white people telling them what they can think.

That's great for him but i'm sure PI people are tired of white people telling them what they can think.
[emoji23]
God bothering numbskulls rightly being called out on absurd beliefs that they are, of course, free to hold; they are at odds, however, with Rugby Australia's quite clear code of conduct on inclusiveness. A code of conduct that Folau has signed up to.
If he wasn't happy with those then maybe he should have found a league who better suits his beliefs.

If he has broken the terms set out in the collective bargaining agreement they will sack Folau no problem.

The wider issue is that these are standard beliefs in the PI community and the idea that white people pay the wages so the players have to conform to western corporate values or be silent is very problematic. I have seen people suggest that Saracens and the RFU explain to BV why his religious beliefs are wrong, absolutely mental!

The fact you think you/white people allow them to think/do things says it all.

We are still talking about white people in Australia aren’t we?

More seriously it was supposed to be an observation of an ironic paradox in this whole quandary as opposed to an unambiguous moral declaration

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Brilliant last 20 minutes.

Gray, Zander, Price and Hastings were top drawer.

I thought Pete Horne and Hogg were tremendous as well. Loved that try aþ the end from George Horne, just to really get it up them.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

I thought Pete Horne and Hogg were tremendous as well. Loved that try aþ the end from George Horne, just to really get it up them.

I was losing the plot at Peter Horne's counter ruck penalty. He made a decent defensive play after that tbf. Hogg made some daft decisions but overall was good.

The fact that Leinster played on for no reason at all made that final try so sweet.