Rugby Union

kiwififer

It was the Leinster 12. Henshaw.
Should have put a bet on...

43 mins

Leinster got the maul going off the lineout. It was eventually brought to ground and McGrath fed it wide. Henshaw flung the pass out to Lowe who picked it off his boot and powered past the last tackle to score.

However, en route, Jack Conan barged into Ramos as the full back slid across, taking him out of the defensive line. 

Seems certain the try will be chalked off. 

Barnes not giving a penalty try for Henshaw batting the ball away on the try line was unbelievable  entirely expected.

Toulouse should probably have had another one when Leinster dropped a maul on the line. Toulouse tactics were poor though. Leinster did their usual high accuracy and a slow game with low ball in play time and 'injuries' any time play stopped while they were defending.

3 hours ago, afca32 said:

Suggestions that Glasgow are keen on signing the scrum half Jamie Dobie on professional terms straight out of school.

He is class. Saw him play in the Schools Cup Final, and he just looked like a guy who would be pro within 2 years

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

He is class. Saw him play in the Schools Cup Final, and he just looked like a guy who would be pro within 2 years

Yeah I saw the highlights of that one and he looked a class above. Guy who is reporting it is some age grade rugby loser and said he's the best British scrum half he's seen at that level in 5/6 years. Only players in Scotland to go straight from school to a pro deal in recent years (possibly ever) are Kinghorn and Ritchie (who only got his as he had just had a child and said he needed a pro deal or he wouldn't pursue a career in rugby) so clearly a serious talent if it's being considered.

Edited by afca32

I thought all final pro 14 games kick off at same time, alas I was wrong. Looks like Zebre v Treviso will be finished before Glasgow v Edinburgh starts. Therefore if Treviso beat Zebre then Edinburgh will no they have no chance of play offs which could be good for Glasgow. Edinburgh will still have an outside chance of 4th mind as you would expect Scarlets to beat Dragons. Result of that will also be known pre Scotstoun kick off.

Who else is going to the Pro14 final at Celtic Park?  I've got my ticket even if Glasgow don't get there. 

If Celtic win the Scottish Cup on the same day then they won't be coming back to Celtic Park with the rugby being on.  Stops thousands of extra people gathering in the same area which is a relief tbh.

23 hours ago, come on shire said:

If Celtic win the Scottish Cup on the same day then they won't be coming back to Celtic Park with the rugby being on. 

I'm not so sure that's how it will work out :lol:

If they get the treble treble they will be everywhere.

Edited by Detournement

Big sale on Scotland kit in the SRU shop, which is normally the precursor to the release of the RWC kit...

I’ve not been impressed with Macron’s efforts, which is a surprise as they usually knock bespoke football kits out the water. This purply one hasn’t been around long, has it?

Edit: apart from that retro one with the big collar. That was class.