Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Yeah after thinking on it for a bit seems that it's a combination of good rotation choices (Sutherland needs game time if he's going to be on the bench v Ireland, imo you don't lose much leaving Gilchrist out and we need to find a functional lock partnership) and specifics for Tonga. I can't see their team line yet but assuming they'll have a 12,13,15 of Akhi, Fekitoa and Piutau having the best defensive centre you have at 13 seems a good choice. I'm seeing a nervy first half where we're 3-5 points up and then a bonus point win at full time. 

On a wider note, I've only seen a disappointing number of games due to work and other commitments, what have been some of the highlights so far if I was to pick a game to go back and watch in one of the gaps this weekend? 

Fiji vs Australia was a cracker. 

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Fiji vs Australia was a cracker. 

Yeah I was at a mates 30th when it was on, might chuck that on tomorrow morning (although already pushing it telling my wife there's 3 MUST WATCH games this weekend).

Struggling with Australia Wales, is there a way for them to both lose? I'm leaning towards Wales so that Eddie gets punted out the tournament before the quarters but with a slew of Welsh injuries 

11 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Yeah I was at a mates 30th when it was on, might chuck that on tomorrow morning (although already pushing it telling my wife there's 3 MUST WATCH games this weekend).

Struggling with Australia Wales, is there a way for them to both lose? I'm leaning towards Wales so that Eddie gets punted out the tournament before the quarters but with a slew of Welsh injuries 

Fiji v Wales was also a classic, although a bad outcome and one of the most one sided refereeing performances you'll see!

24 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Yeah after thinking on it for a bit seems that it's a combination of good rotation choices (Sutherland needs game time if he's going to be on the bench v Ireland, imo you don't lose much leaving Gilchrist out and we need to find a functional lock partnership) and specifics for Tonga. I can't see their team line yet but assuming they'll have a 12,13,15 of Akhi, Fekitoa and Piutau having the best defensive centre you have at 13 seems a good choice. I'm seeing a nervy first half where we're 3-5 points up and then a bonus point win at full time. 

On a wider note, I've only seen a disappointing number of games due to work and other commitments, what have been some of the highlights so far if I was to pick a game to go back and watch in one of the gaps this weekend? 

I also think Cummings and Skinner are good players, and maybe having Turner throwing to a mostly Glasgow set of jumpers might help a bit. Skinner also gives you more options on a 5/3 split on the bench than Gilchrist.

The guy's coming on are all way more attacking than the guys they will be replacing, apart from Nel, so I think you are right, keep it tight first half then throw on Horne, Graham, Jones, Schoe, Ashman and Fagerson. That's a lot of carriers coming on second half.

Remember the world cup game we played against Samoa when we had to win but couldn't catch kick off, so everytime we scored we immediately conceded straight from kick off? As the clock was running down and we were in their half we couldn't kick pens because we knew they were scoring a try from the resulting kick off.

That was a real wild time as a Scotland fan.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Remember the world cup game we played against Samoa when we had to win but couldn't catch kick off, so everytime we scored we immediately conceded straight from kick off? As the clock was running down and we were in their half we couldn't kick pens because we knew they were scoring a try from the resulting kick off.

That was a real wild time as a Scotland fan.

That was 2015 in Newcastle, wasn't it?