Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sure the rumour was SA and Australia as the big two. Pretty sure Argentina have a full fixture list that doesn't include us.

Actually think it would be great if one of them was against Portugal - an emerging nation, and something different to what we normally have. It's a shame the football team play Portugal in September and October, or it could have been a great wee November double header

Would be surprised if SA don’t rock up.  Have to be honest though I’m sick of the c***s getting a lead at Murrayfield then killing the game.  Not the best to watch.

Not sure if we can still class the Aussies as a big team.  Someone like Portugal would give us more of a game.

On 17/02/2024 at 11:37, honestly united said:

Surely rather than sticking Dobie on the wing we must have some youngster that can play on the wing? Were only down McClean to injury and  Jones and Tuipolotu in the centre and Rowe and Steyn of the back 3 to internationals in the backs arent we?

Sorry for the late reply. Ollie Smith is injured but I'm excited by his return. I just hope he keeps up his form that he was enjoying.

Dobie as a winger isn't a bad thing. Creating depth is great but versatility of positions throughout the squad is always handy when the internationalists are away or injuries hit.

16 hours ago, honestly united said:

Im hoping some one can help (and too get in before the calcutta cup chat starts), I dont know if its just me but I cant seem to find anything on the autumn internationals - does anyone know who we are playing and when?

I'm wondering if we're holding off until after the 6 Nations to announce autumn fixtures as there's still season pass-gate to be resolved.

Team for Saturday. Not a 6-2 bench split. I think Toony reckons we have the pace in the backs to win late on. Having Steyn and Kinghorn back is a boost and I can see Jamie Ritchie is back in favour...

Screenshot_2024-02-22-15-50-46-71_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Edited by come on shire

On 22/02/2024 at 15:55, come on shire said:

Team for Saturday. Not a 6-2 bench split. I think Toony reckons we have the pace in the backs to win late on. Having Steyn and Kinghorn back is a boost and I can see Jamie Ritchie is back in favour...

Screenshot_2024-02-22-15-50-46-71_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Was it ever confirmed if Matt Fagerson was injured? Would be very surprised for him to have been dropped but that seems to be the rumours online.

I’m disappointed England dropped Freddie Steward, Russell would really have got some joy with kicks in behind him. Now to spend all afternoon praying Z Fagerson can last 80….

3 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Was it ever confirmed if Matt Fagerson was injured? Would be very surprised for him to have been dropped but that seems to be the rumours online.

I’m disappointed England dropped Freddie Steward, Russell would really have got some joy with kicks in behind him. Now to spend all afternoon praying Z Fagerson can last 80….

I'm unsure. It could be who Toony thinks what player's better for the tactics aimed at the individual team or what he sees in training.

England are getting better. They're starting to grind out results even if not playing at their best. We saw that when they got bronze last year and now they're 2 from 2 in the 6N. The teams they've played in that time haven't been excellent but you can only play what's in front of you.

If we play like we did against France or most of the 2nd half against Wales then we're in bother. However if we compete up front and take chances then we'll hopefully be ok.

Edited by come on shire

37 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Who else is going today?

I hate this sitting about the house waiting for the late kick off.

Me. I'm en route just now. Going to watch Ireland v Wales on the big screen at Murrayfield as if you try to catch a train closer to KO then it's like sardines.

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

I'm unsure. It could be who Toony thinks what player's better for the tactics aimed at the individual team or what he sees in training.

England are getting better. They're starting to grind out results even if not playing at their best. We saw that when they got bronze last year and now they're 2 from 2 in the 6N. The teams they've played in that time haven't been excellent but you can only play what's in front of you.

If we play like we did against France or most of the 2nd half against Wales then we're in bother. However if we compete up front and take chances then we'll hopefully be ok.

If we play like first half vs Wales and France, we’ll be okay.