Rugby Union

kiwififer

Second game of origin on Wednesday biggrin.gif . I'd like to see NSW win to make the last game a decider but I don't see that happening especially with Jamie Lyon injured. Are Billy Slater and Jarryd Hayne suspended for this game?

Second game of origin on Wednesday biggrin.gif . I'd like to see NSW win to make the last game a decider but I don't see that happening especially with Jamie Lyon injured. Are Billy Slater and Jarryd Hayne suspended for this game?

Why would Slater be suspended? It wasn't a deliberate elbow apparently. And even more shocking news, Hayne was let off because his head butt wasn't deliberate either. Methinks if it weren't Origin time he'd have faced a while on the sidelines.

NSW will lose again, the camp has been rocked (and distracted) by Timana Tahu's withdrawal over assistant coach Andrew John's racist outburst. Johns has stepped down.

Clicky

what's going on across the ditch? Stuff about cannibals and white shirts for the 'wogs' so that folk can see them?

Love thy neighbour wasn't a documentary....

Why would Slater be suspended? It wasn't a deliberate elbow apparently. And even more shocking news, Hayne was let off because his head butt wasn't deliberate either. Methinks if it weren't Origin time he'd have faced a while on the sidelines.

NSW will lose again, the camp has been rocked (and distracted) by Timana Tahu's withdrawal over assistant coach Andrew John's racist outburst. Johns has stepped down.

Clicky

Racist outburst = calling someone a black c'nt.

And in the end it all led to this...

Well the racism scandal didn't really lead to the punch up. That was due to a shocking tackle by O'Connell on Boyd. The fight was the only bit worth watching, I switched off soon afterwards.

post-101-12767691561262_thumb.jpg

QLD are an awesome side with tremendous players. NSW are simply an embarrassment. The 3rd game will see a bigger winning margin in front of a stadium packed full of Banana Benders.

Noone sent off? That is incredible.

I know! I think the only reason they didn't get sent off was the fact it was an origin game and there's scraps and bad tackles in just about every game! The second was a lot better than the first but Queensland are just different class to NSW. I knew Inglis would be up for and I knew he would score. Well in big man! The scraps were good too of course!

Saints v Wigan tonight biggrin.gif ! I expect this game to be really really good as both teams are on form and pretty much at full strength so this one should hopefully be a blinder! I'm sure the atmosphere will be crackng too! COME ON YOU SAINTS!

Edited by airdrieman

I know! I think the only reason they didn't get sent off was the fact it was an origin game and there's scraps and bad tackles in just about every game! The second was a lot better than the first but Queensland are just different class to NSW. I knew Inglis would be up for and I knew he would score. Well in big man! The scraps were good too of course!

In 18 months of watching the NRL I don't think I've seen one punch up yet it seems to happen in every Origin game. I think the players know that they can get away with it whilst playing Origin. There might be a bit of revenge taken in the 3rd and last game of this year's series.

In 18 months of watching the NRL I don't think I've seen one punch up yet it seems to happen in every Origin game. I think the players know that they can get away with it whilst playing Origin. There might be a bit of revenge taken in the 3rd and last game of this year's series.

I've always found it funny that there's always punch ups in Origin and that the opposing teams want to kill each other yet when they all play for the Aussies they all play so well as a team!

Congratulations to Scotland A who beat their English counterparts 34 - 32 last week in a very entertaining amatuer Four Nations game. Scotland pulled off a stunning comeback as they were something like 24 - 10 down at half - time and, even though it was an amatuer game some of the hits and play was really good.

Edited by airdrieman

Only two weeks now till I go to Headingly for the Leeds v Saints gamebiggrin.gif ! I can't wait I've never been to Headingly before but it looks as if it's great and I'm also allowed into the bar that both teams players go into at the end of the game so, I'll have plenty of autographs and photos from the trip! I also hope to stop at the Rugby League museum at the George Hotel in Huddersfield. My dad's been and he said it's fantastic, all the stuff they've got and also of course the historical significance beacause of course that's where rugby league was founded!

Saints v Wigan was an absoloute belter of a game with Saints winning 26 - 24 biggrin.gif ! The game was in doubt right up to the last minute with me and all the rest of the Saints fans shitting ourselfs but we got through in the end. Leon Pryce, Jamie Foster, Paul Wellens, Francis Meli and Bryn Hargreaves all had great games and really TBH so did everyone else but they were the standouts in my opinion. Leeds lost at Headingly to Crusaders! That's just further proof that this years Super League is the most competitive in a long long time.

Edited by airdrieman

Woo hoo we scored a try!

More than that- we're racking up wins- indeed if someone had said we'd go to Croke Park and tour Argentina without defeat you'd have got very long odds! Andy Robinson has done a superb job at tidying up the team, changing our direction and play. The media seem to think the backroom stuff is being worked on from what I've read and he seems to have a real understanding of Scottish rugby. Sure we've had bad games and results but in general he's sorting things out and it looks positive. Up to 7th in world rankings above Wales and Argentina, and gives us confidence into the Autumn with some big players coming back. My only concern is that England come sniffing- but then given the way England treated him and his results there last time he might not want the job- esp. given Aston, Andrews and Johnson have done no better.

Parks, for all the people who criticise him, has really done well, some mature performances and no matter your opinion on him, he has done very well for Scotland in the last few games. Chris Patters... who?

My only negative on Parks is that he is sadly, going to play for Cardiff and not Glasgow next season- real loss and I don't see Glasgow fighting for the Magners Playoffs next year.

QLD are just too good for NSW. The cockroaches have alot more depth in talent but just dont know how to put it together when it matters most. Hopefully QLD go on to clean sweep it. There have been a few punch on's in the past couple of years obviously not as much as back in the 80's etc but we had a big one against St George last season at the graveyard and only like 2 weeks ago in the toyota cup match between North Queensland and Manly up at Dairy Farmers there was a big all-in brawl. As Reg Reagan said "bring back the biff" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...