Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think that Saints miss Sean Long, who went to Hull FC and scored 2 tries against us in pre-season. He's having a good season at the football ground too. I think Kyle Eastmond is a good player for the future although I haven't seen him this season. Overall, I'm predicting a Leeds V Wigan grand final. Hull KR won't make the play-offs this season, 9th place probably.

Yeah you're right. Sean Long's a legend and will be missed. Kyle Eastmond is a good player and has done great so far this season so he certainly looks a good replacement. I would have liked to have seen us go for Danny Brough as he's a smashing player and would do well at Saints.

Yeah my predictions for the final are either Leeds v Wigan, Wigan v Warrington, Leeds v Warrington and possibly Saints could make it against one of those three opponents.

That's a great signing for Huddersfield in Danny Brough. Would have loved to have seen Saints go for him. It's a shame he wants to play for England now and not Scotland but I can understand why as he wants to international rugby at a higher level. Which is why we should still have the GB team as it means he could play at a higher level but still play for Scotland at the same time.

That's a great signing for Huddersfield in Danny Brough. Would have loved to have seen Saints go for him. It's a shame he wants to play for England now and not Scotland but I can understand why as he wants to international rugby at a higher level. Which is why we should still have the GB team as it means he could play at a higher level but still play for Scotland at the same time.

Danny Brough is a great player, he's got a great future. I'm surprised he went to Huddersfield, I thought that if he was going to leave Wakey, it would be to either Leeds or Saints. Still, a great new player for the Giants.

Also, brilliant result for Rovers tonight. First time we've won at Leeds for nearly 30 years.

Saints got a good result too against Warrington. Looked game over at one point and the Warry got two tries, but Saints still managed to get the win.

What I want to know is, why do Sky always insist on showing the worst looking fixture. Tonight Leeds were playing Rovers and Saints were playing Warry. Two big games. Instead they went with Crusaders V Catalans, the two least supported teams in the Super League, so nobody reall cares and they are both at the bottom, it's not like football were there is a relegation battle. Although Gareth Thomas was making his debut, so it's an okay reason to show the most boring match of the weekend. He got a right clattering 2 minutes in though.

Danny Brough is a great player, he's got a great future. I'm surprised he went to Huddersfield, I thought that if he was going to leave Wakey, it would be to either Leeds or Saints. Still, a great new player for the Giants.

Also, brilliant result for Rovers tonight. First time we've won at Leeds for nearly 30 years.

Saints got a good result too against Warrington. Looked game over at one point and the Warry got two tries, but Saints still managed to get the win.

What I want to know is, why do Sky always insist on showing the worst looking fixture. Tonight Leeds were playing Rovers and Saints were playing Warry. Two big games. Instead they went with Crusaders V Catalans, the two least supported teams in the Super League, so nobody reall cares and they are both at the bottom, it's not like football were there is a relegation battle. Although Gareth Thomas was making his debut, so it's an okay reason to show the most boring match of the weekend. He got a right clattering 2 minutes in though.

Yeah I agree about Sky showing the worst game. Saints Warry games are always good and that was the best chance they had at winning at Knowsley Road for ages (and it was the last game they'll ever play there unless they get them there in the Challenge Cup or Play offs) and, Hull KR beat Leeds at Headingley and we knew before there was a good chance of them winning so either of those games should surely have been shown. The only reason people would have wanted to watch the Crusaders game was because of Gareth Thomas and he only played for the first thirty minutes because of the hits he was taking! Welcome to rugby league Gareth!

Looks like Paul Cooke's making his debut for Wakefield this weekend. Great player but needs to improve his off field behaviour by the looks of it but, if anyone can improve his behaviour and can turn his career back round it's John Kear.

Looks like Paul Cooke's making his debut for Wakefield this weekend. Great player but needs to improve his off field behaviour by the looks of it but, if anyone can improve his behaviour and can turn his career back round it's John Kear.

Good player, we shouldn't have let him go.

Tickets are away to go on sale for the RWC if anyone is interested (27th April).

If Fuctifano wants to use my address (or mum's), PM me wink.gif

The advertising campaign down here's been slated, the feelers are doing a cover of 'right here, right now'. I actually like it, but I'm in a majority of one.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/3528905/Date-set-for-Rugby-World-Cup-ticket-sales

Edited by kiwififer

Tickets are away to go on sale for the RWC if anyone is interested (27th April).

If Fuctifano wants to use my address (or mum's), PM me wink.gif

The advertising campaign down here's been slated, the feelers are doing a cover of 'right here, right now'. I actually like it, but I'm in a majority of one.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/3528905/Date-set-for-Rugby-World-Cup-ticket-sales

That looks all right to me. It's an advertising campaign, what were they expecting?

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone cares about the NRL but Melbourne Storm have been stripped three minor premierships and two premierships for salary cap breaches.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1043567

They also are not being allowed to win any points.

Will kill League in Melbourne this, not that I care as I'm not a Rugby fan really, but as a sports fan I found it quite interesting. I, ignorantly, thought Melbourne Storm were actually entitled to salary cap allowances to let them have some success against the established sides.

Not sure if anyone cares about the NRL but Melbourne Storm have been stripped three minor premierships and two premierships for salary cap breaches.

http://wwos.ninemsn....aspx?id=1043567

They also are not being allowed to win any points.

Will kill League in Melbourne this, not that I care as I'm not a Rugby fan really, but as a sports fan I found it quite interesting. I, ignorantly, thought Melbourne Storm were actually entitled to salary cap allowances to let them have some success against the established sides.

Surprisingly you can't move at the moment for this story. Even programmes that aren't sports related are talking about it. The not being allowed to win any future points this season is an interesting one. They've basically now got nothing to play for, why would the fans turn out to see the games? Will surely lead to the death of the Storm which is sad especially since they were about to move into a spanking new stadium.

Surprisingly you can't move at the moment for this story. Even programmes that aren't sports related are talking about it. The not being allowed to win any future points this season is an interesting one. They've basically now got nothing to play for, why would the fans turn out to see the games? Will surely lead to the death of the Storm which is sad especially since they were about to move into a spanking new stadium.

I did think the timing was a bit odd due to that, but I'm guessing they had to announce this now so as to stop people putting on huge bets for them to win the wooden spoon. Melbourne Rebels will surely mop up the dissatisfied Storm fans now, must be good for Union in Victoria.

Betting has been suspended for St Kilda (flag favourites in the AFL) to win the wooden spoon due to worry that a similar punishment could be put onto them as Brian Waldron was with saints for a while. Not likely to happen, but has huge ramifications. Apparently a few people were putting on $100 bets on St Kilda to win the spoon at 1000-1 after the Storm punishment.

Anybody catch Glasgow Warriors last home of the season tonight? Just back in from it- an easy 30-6 victory over an admittedly second string Leinster side.

Leinster were fairly poor after a strong start and the indiscipline was absolutely shocking- 4 sent off to the sinbin and it could have been more. Michael Cheika is whinging a bit about it and about it and granted it was James Jones refereeing who is not the best but they were out of their depth- inexperience isn't an excuse. It was like watching Ireland committing all the cynical stuff at the breakdown and tackle without managing to do it subtlety.

Anybody catch Glasgow Warriors last home of the season tonight? Just back in from it- an easy 30-6 victory over an admittedly second string Leinster side.

Leinster were fairly poor after a strong start and the indiscipline was absolutely shocking- 4 sent off to the sinbin and it could have been more. Michael Cheika is whinging a bit about it and about it and granted it was James Jones refereeing who is not the best but they were out of their depth- inexperience isn't an excuse. It was like watching Ireland committing all the cynical stuff at the breakdown and tackle without managing to do it subtlety.

Watched it online, Glasgow really should have got the bonus point- of the 4 yellows only the last was possibly harsh, but the Warriors didn't click at all against an under 21 side that was playing with 14 men for 40 minutes. If they get to the semis and play like that against Leinster's first XV at the RDS they'll get their arses handed to them big-style.

Edited by Fuctifano

Nuclear war wipes out half of Europe, the Pope is caught beasting a 5 year old and the queen admits she's had a threesome with Ian Paisley and Davie Dodds.

The news here would still be about the Storm getting caught out.

The sponsors have pulled out, they will run out against the warriors this weekend with blank shirts, they are going to have to field the youth side and they are completely fooked.

All because some useless nugget handed over both sets of accounts instead of the 'official' ones.

Where's Bluenose when you want to take the piss? laugh.gif

Watched it online, Glasgow really should have got the bonus point- of the 4 yellows only the last was possibly harsh, but the Warriors didn't click at all against an under 21 side that was playing with 14 men for 40 minutes. If they get to the semis and play like that against Leinster's first XV at the RDS they'll get their arses handed to them big-style.

True, not getting the bonus point was a big blow- a problem for Glasgow all year- only 2 winning and losing bonus points! Leinster did have a good rush defence although I question the officials not catching them for offside a couple of times.

I don't think any of the yellows were harsh (assuming the first was for hitting Cussiter(?) without getting the arms around) indeed the last yellow benefited them as it left us with uncontested scrums, when Glasgow were killing Leinster in the scrum. I was surprised Jones just didn't move to penalty try them a couple of times but he is the ref.

Nuclear war wipes out half of Europe, the Pope is caught beasting a 5 year old and the queen admits she's had a threesome with Ian Paisley and Davie Dodds.

The news here would still be about the Storm getting caught out.

The sponsors have pulled out, they will run out against the warriors this weekend with blank shirts, they are going to have to field the youth side and they are completely fooked.

All because some useless nugget handed over both sets of accounts instead of the 'official' ones.

Where's Bluenose when you want to take the piss? laugh.gif

Im right here.

No matter what, me and my mates will continue to be members of our beloved Melbourne Storm. We had a fans day today for a sneak peak at our new stadium AAMI Park which is quality and watched the team train and heaps of members turnt out and the fans will continue to turn up. The NRL are just out to kill us off. They would never give as harsh a punishment as that to a NSW or QLD side and showed their anti-Melbourne bias. Im pretty much devastated because it could maybe be the end for us since sponsors are dropping off and nothing to play for now. Even though it doesnt excuse what Waldron and co did im very sure we arent the only club to have been salary cap breaching lately and a number of other clubs would have been doing it aswell but have just not had the NRL sniffing about them for ages and have a whistleblower on them. Fair enough take the points we have accumulated this season so far off us but to make us play all season and have no points to get is ridiculous and is only to kill us off, why dont they start sniffing about the other clubs aswell. Hopefully we bounce back from this and I know we have loyal fans who will stick behind the team.