Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

As a non rugby man, is that result bad for us?

Ireland winning would have meant us v Japan was pretty much winner take all.

Now it’s us, Ireland and Japan in a 3 way shambles involving bonus points. We could now conceivably win our last 3 games and go out

I think the most we can finish on is 15 points, more likely 13 or 14. Ireland likely to finish on 16 now, so bonus points in the last game will be massive. We need a BP win on Monday, if we don't get that we are out.

1 minute ago, Snobot said:

We could go into last game against Japan on 10 points with them on 14, so if we win and give Japan a losing BP we go out I think, unless we get a try BP in which case I am really confused..

I think it would come down to points difference. We are in a bad spot right now, even a slightly less pathetic performance last week would have put us right in it, but that capitulation is going to make life very difficult for us.

As a non rugby man, is that result bad for us?

Yes, realistically we will need a 5 1 points share against Japan at last game, that's assuming both teams get 5 against Samoa. Of course, if Japan do beat us the bitter sweet pill of this means Ireland play ABs and will almost certainly get pumped.

1 minute ago, Snobot said:

But let’s face it, can you see us beating that Japan side on current form? Night and day in terms of intensity and handling

f**k knows mate, these things happen, Scotland blow hot and cold, maybe Japan do as well. Both teams have games between now and then, so who knows who will be fit.