Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
15 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:
3 wins with +18 points difference is our best Six nations finish ever

It was only +4 in 2006

Actually think it's quite harsh that we have won 3 and picked up losing bonus point on other two and will probably finish 4th...

Due to Wales only beating Italy and Italy beating no one. 

Hogg dropping the ball took us out of contention.

Haining bamming up the French prop cost them the Championship.

France have a 9-10 combination to see them through the next two World Cups and a conveyor belt of massive forwards who have been dominating at u20s the last 3 or 4 years. They are going to be competing for the title every year.

Edited by Detournement

Arguably the 2006 championship was better we had a -3 points difference but finished 3rd

I'd disagree. In 2006 we beat England completely against run of play, they hammered us and but we kicked our points. We also beat Italy all kicks by 3 points. In fairness Lamont hit scene with solid French win. This championship we have arguably been the better team in all 5 games, plus we score tries now, we didn't really back then.. (2 great ones against France mind, halfway rolling maul)

Edit we have a great team now, we didn't back then. Much happier with us now. Decent Championship

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'd disagree. In 2006 we beat England completely against run of play, they hammered us and but we kicked our points. We also beat Italy all kicks by 3 points. In fairness Lamont hit scene with solid French win. This championship we have arguably been the better team in all 5 games, plus we score tries now, we didn't really back then.. (2 great ones against France mind, halfway rolling maul)

Edit we have a great team now, we didn't back then. Much happier with us now. Decent Championship

I'd tend to agree but really it was just to put things in perspective

Seems stupid that the whole championship is decided by how much you can run up the score on italy. Not the first time in recent years it has been done on points difference.

Winner of the game between tied teams should be the first tie breaker imo.

Italy Georgia and four others in six nations b group with promotion and relegation

I had a wee look, and I think only 4 of the players who started yesterday started the first game of the world cup. Townsend seems to have learned his lessons from that.
Think you are right, only Hogg, Russell, Gray and Watson started that Ireland match.

Disagree, we need to aim to win 5. Slowly and surely we are gaining a bit more respect, but we still have the plucky and inconsistent tag.

Disagree
We need to aim to win all 5 with bonus points and without conceding a point

But I accept that might take a couple of years