Rugby Union

kiwififer

It's just the consistency on foul play that's so frustrating.

Halfpenny makes no attempt to jump, and smashes Graham in the air -just a penalty, straight away. Wyn Jones comes hurtling in and smashes a ruc from the side when the whistle has already gone - not even a chat or 10 metres. Potential foul play by Scotland - it's a red, prove me wrong muthafuckas

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ref absolutely wanted it to be red. He also didn't want to give us our try, and didn't go back for the advantage. We're not getting equal refereeing here.

He's wasted this game.

He didn't want to give us our try because it was obstruction, while you might not agree with the red you can clearly see why it was one. 

Just now, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

No idea what the right decision is here.

Scrum is dominant, it's a fairly smart play to blast them under their posts, and try to get a yellow and maybe a penalty try. Kicking the points gets us level, but also invites them to get it back in our 22. Really tough.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I agree, I think it's a yellow because Hogg pulls the player's head up into Fagerson's clear-out, which is what the TMO said.

Ref was never going with that though.

On that, I don't know the rules inside out, but I'm quite sure the wording of that mitigation is to do with the players height dropping, so technically a players head rising isn't covered by it. Regardless of whether that makes sense or not.

I get that that wasn't Carley's argument anyway.