Rugby Union

kiwififer

Really enjoying the Champions Cup final here. Have to be honest, an all French final wasn't exactly the most appetising, but they are having a right go at each other. Supporting La Rochelle as I feel they are underdogs and also because of my French textbooks at school.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

And we have the extra bonus of Tolouse going to five which means they pass Leinster.
Mon Tolouse

I never even thought of that.

I have to be honest, being underdogs and now being down to 14 (deservedly) means my heart is still leaning towards La Rochelle. I want to want Toulouse to win, but I'm just not feeling it.

I never even thought of that.
I have to be honest, being underdogs and now being down to 14 (deservedly) means my heart is still leaning towards La Rochelle. I want to want Toulouse to win, but I'm just not feeling it.
Yeh, I get what you are saying. I actually wanted them to score there but not sure because I'm backing them or I just want to see a close game

Absolutely no idea why this just popped into my head (probably the years of drug abuse finally taking its toll), but when a penalty or conversion is missed why do both touch judges always keep their flags down? If they are only checking their own post then one flag should always go up, yes?

Absolutely no idea why this just popped into my head (probably the years of drug abuse finally taking its toll), but when a penalty or conversion is missed why do both touch judges always keep their flags down? If they are only checking their own post then one flag should always go up, yes?
They confer with each other before flags move. Guess it symbolises agreement

14 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Unless I’m being massively whooshed, the flag should only go up if that TJ thinks the ball has gone over the bar and between the posts. You would only get one flag going up if one thought that and the other didn’t.

ETA: or if an opposition kicker has put it right down the middle away at Garnock.

Edited by Mark Connolly

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

That was surely a tackle in the air? I don't think Pearce has been great here at all, yet the BT guys are 100% giving him Motm.

TBF to Pearce, who I think is dreadful in general, it must be a fucking nightmare reffing two French teams with all the nightly shite they get up to

ETA: I’m sure they get up to nightly shite as well as niggly shite, which is what I meant!

Edited by Mark Connolly

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

TBF to Pearce, who I think is dreadful in general, it must be a fucking nightmare reffing two French teams with all the nightly shite they get up to

It's funny how whenever there is a big game that Pearce or Carly or whoever gets to ruin, Barnes is always on the touchline to intervene on the really important decisions.