Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 hours ago, honestly united said:

Im hoping for a 40-50 man training squad, then all the youngsters getting a run in the A game, then a squad of 30 odd out for the 2 games in Romania and Georgia. Im hoping its a chance for some young guys to put there hands up rather than the same old squad players getting a game. Im hoping we get a chance to see you guys like Dobie, Thompson and McLean getting capped as well as Crosbie etc. Im hoping that they try and keep it under 30 yo as a start to building for the next world cup

Yeah that's my feeling, hopefully a transitional group. Could add Ashman and Rodd for caps given the speculation, and Schoeman in the front row as well. Hopefully Redpath can get a couple of games with Hastings/Thompson. Could add Forbes to the list of backs, maybe Hutchison to play a game at 13. Ritchie and Cummings to captain a game each? 

All that to say if we play Georgia with Blade Thomson, Duncan Taylor and Byron McGuigan in the team I'll be raging 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

It's a pity that the away "A" game vs England isn't a full international.

Either way, if the squad impress vs England, that could well be the team that play at full international level in Romania.  The likes of Thompson and Rufus McLean should still do a job vs Romania tbh.  However the Georgia away game could be tricky...

on the TV front Six Nations has entered into exclusive discussions with BBC and ITV after an agreement in principle was reached for the men’s Guinness Six Nations, women’s Six Nations and men’s Under-20 Championships.

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Challenge Cup final has been pretty entertaining so far. 

Yeah, been a decent game, though I still think Brace is quite a shite ref. I'm kind of torn on who I want to win as my uncle is a Tigers fan and is s good guy, but I don't want Austin Healey to be happy.

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, been a decent game, though I still think Brace is quite a shite ref. I'm kind of torn on who I want to win as my uncle is a Tigers fan and is s good guy, but I don't want Austin Healey to be happy.

I thought they had actually defended the previous maul well. The Montpellier guy should definitely have been HIA'd. 

Watching this Glasgow just lacked the bulk to compete with Montpellier. 

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I thought they had actually defended the previous maul well. The Montpellier guy should definitely have been HIA'd. 

Watching this Glasgow just lacked the bulk to compete with Montpellier. 

Yeah, I thought that maul defence was good as well. To be fair to Brace it was the touchjudge that gave it, the walking disaster that is Frank Murphy, who also just managed to somehow miss Nandolo taking out the guy about three yards away from the ball.

16 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, I thought that maul defence was good as well. To be fair to Brace it was the touchjudge that gave it, the walking disaster that is Frank Murphy, who also just managed to somehow miss Nandolo taking out the guy about three yards away from the ball.

That would be Frank Murphy (Leicester Tigers 2006-2008).