Rugby Union

kiwififer

It’s actually quite frightening how much Edinburgh have regressed this year.  I really don’t like Cockerill, mostly because of things that have happened off field, and in all honesty wouldn’t mind if he left.

Edited by super_carson

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

It’s actually quite frightening how much Edinburgh have regressed this year.  I really don’t like Cockerill, mostly because of things that have happened off field, and in all honesty wouldn’t mind if he left.

Is he considered a bit of a p***k? There do seem to be a few players have left under a cloud and a few others than never seem to start no matter what.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

Is he considered a bit of a p***k? There do seem to be a few players have left under a cloud and a few others than never seem to start no matter what.

There is a lot that goes on at Edinburgh that gets brushed under the carpet.  I know players and staff who have left as a direct result of him.

Edited by super_carson

Ha ha, what a shitey ending. Actually thought that was a good game. Thompson looks better every week, and Lambert I thought did pretty well. Bit ropy in the scrum, but looks like he could at least be a good player for Glasgow.

George Turner! You can send your kid to private school but a few years in Glasgow and he'll swear live on the telly. 

The first time I've seen a MOTM awarded while the player apologises for swearing. Fucking brilliant. 

Edited by Detournement

Despite winning on Saturday night, my issue was the amount of penalties given away again especially early in the 1st half.  I'm thinking defence could be more solid too.  However there was no yellow cards to Glasgow players which is maybe a step in the right direction.

As for the win, it perhaps shows that there might be some consistency developing.  All the players played well and I thought Rory Darge was solid.  Tagive worked hard but he's still not on the same level as Niko or Steyn.  As for Steyn, he was on another level as was Tom Lambert.  I'm surprised that Tom Lambert wasn't MOTM.

Next game is Dragons away.  Rodney Parade's still under repair so the game's at the Cardiff City stadium.  It clashes with the Champions League final 🤣

Edited by come on shire

Jumping ahead a fair bit but excited to see the summer games for Scotland as well as the Lions. Hopefully a chance for a lot of younger guys to leapfrop some of the existing, less inspiring squad players. Would certainly hope Crosbie/Gordon/Bayliss get a go in Watson's absence rather than Wilson/Thomson/Graham 

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Jumping ahead a fair bit but excited to see the summer games for Scotland as well as the Lions. Hopefully a chance for a lot of younger guys to leapfrop some of the existing, less inspiring squad players. Would certainly hope Crosbie/Gordon/Bayliss get a go in Watson's absence rather than Wilson/Thomson/Graham 

Im hoping for a 40-50 man training squad, then all the youngsters getting a run in the A game, then a squad of 30 odd out for the 2 games in Romania and Georgia. Im hoping its a chance for some young guys to put there hands up rather than the same old squad players getting a game. Im hoping we get a chance to see you guys like Dobie, Thompson and McLean getting capped as well as Crosbie etc. Im hoping that they try and keep it under 30 yo as a start to building for the next world cup