Rugby Union

kiwififer

Got to kick it. They have had so much possession in our half that they could easily earn a penalty or drop a goal to win it.

They have to get there first. They will from kick off or we back ourselves to manage the game in their 22 for 2 minutes

They have to get there first. They will from kick off or we back ourselves to manage the game in their 22 for 2 minutes

I was working on the inconsistency of our lineout allowing them that opportunity! Still feel it was the correct decision.

Very professional in the last 10 mins or so. We can rightfully complain about 2 fairly poor performances, but we won both games, and saw them both out from positions we would always lose.

Possibly the worst we have looked with the ball in hand for a while, scrum was reasonably solid but the lineout was poor. Couple of great steals on their lineout late on.

Defence was excellent throughout, very well organised.

Sure it was him that killed us in Ireland whilst they got away with all manner of skullduggery

It was not him we had a French ref v Ireland in the Six Nations. The ref today was Marius Mitrea who is an Italian ref (was born in Roumania and moved to Italy aged 17) fans of both Glasgow and Edinburgh can tell you how good he is in the Pro12.  

It was not him we had a French ref v Ireland in the Six Nations. The ref today was Marius Mitrea who is an Italian ref (was born in Roumania and moved to Italy aged 17) fans of both Glasgow and Edinburgh can tell you how good he is in the Pro12.  

Better than he was today, probably.

My overriding thought whenever I see Mitrea is that if he can be on the international list, surely all the Scottish officials can't be worse than him?

we have a ref that is good enough to go to the Olympics and has refereed a number world series 7s finals and is not considered for full games. We have 3 refs on the Pro 12 list who have less between them in total than Mitrea has had this season 

we have a ref that is good enough to go to the Olympics and has refereed a number world series 7s finals and is not considered for full games. We have 3 refs on the Pro 12 list who have less between them in total than Mitrea has had this season

Hopefully they get moved up a level soon then. Mitrea usually leaves me baffled any time I see him in charge, and there are far too many Irish and Welsh refs imo. Have to admit though that I was impressed by Ben Whitehouse anytime I saw him this season.

Hopefully they get moved up a level soon then. Mitrea usually leaves me baffled any time I see him in charge, and there are far too many Irish and Welsh refs imo. Have to admit though that I was impressed by Ben Whitehouse anytime I saw him this season.

we have had a number of refs at a high level at 7s before but they never seem to get a chance. I agree that Ben Whitehouse looks like he is going to be a top ref http://www.rugbydump.com/2016/01/4854/friday-funnies-referee-ben-whitehouse-executes-a-perfect-interception the reason for the large number of Irish refs is as far as I can tell is for a long while the head of IRB/World Rugby refs was Irish. They also share/shared offices with the IRFU and the Pro 12

Also Friday nights top 14 final's attendance of 99124(230 from capacity) at the Camp Nou sets a new record for attendance at a domestic match and it must also the 4th highest attendance for a Union match behind two Australia v New Zealand matches  in 200 and 1999(with a Scottish ref) at Stadium Australia and a Scotland v Wales game from 1975 at Murrayfield.  http://stats.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/records/team/highest_attendance.html?id=1;type=class 

Edited by ajwffc