Rugby Union

kiwififer

Most important thing for me; 8 Scots travelled, 7 played in tests and all of them will have gained a lot from it. Price knows he's a top level scrum half; Russell proved he's a game manager and a general of the highest standard; Harris coped very well with brutal physicality and won a test in South Africa; Sutherland belongs at this level and gained a lot of experience; and Mish must have learned that, in these games, he needs to be 100% Mish and not 120% Mish.

Duhan played all but the last 20 minutes of the first test. He's big time now.

And Hogg... I think that, after this frustration, and after the step forward in the 6 Nations, he will be utterly desperate to achieve something great as Scotland captain.

They'll all take that back to the Scotland squad and I'm certain it'll rub off onto their team-mates too.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
17 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Tom Curry has to be the worst performance to start all three tests in Lions history. 

Cost them a try in the first half when he gave away a penalty when the maul was rumbling towards the line.

One of the worst mistakes of the match. Russell wins them front-foot ball, leading to a penalty. Instead of taking the 3 points he goes for the corner, gets it in the perfect spot. The line-out works as planned and the maul rumbles forward. It starts to wheel, as you'd want... and Curry peels off and shoves Kolisi.

WTF was he thinking???

And will he get a fraction of the criticism the Scots got? Will he f**k.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Most important thing for me; 8 Scots travelled, 7 played in tests and all of them will have gained a lot from it. Price knows he's a top level scrum half; Russell proved he's a game manager and a general of the highest standard; Harris coped very well with brutal physicality and won a test in South Africa; Sutherland belongs at this level and gained a lot of experience; and Mish must have learned that, in these games, he needs to be 100% Mish and not 120% Mish.

Duhan played all but the last 20 minutes of the first test. He's big time now.

And Hogg... I think that, after this frustration, and after the step forward in the 6 Nations, he will be utterly desperate to achieve something great as Scotland captain.

They'll all take that back to the Scotland squad and I'm certain it'll rub off onto their team-mates too.

A very fair assessment. 

Gatland was asked in his interview about Finn and agreed it was a good performance but then immediately brought up a knock on. He obviously knows Russell just made him look like a dick. 

Russell didn't mention Gatland in his interview, said Gregor told him to play his own game and said his main experience of the tour was watching and thinking how he would do it differently. 

Sky haven't mentioned the 'English' pack losing two scrums on their own ball in the final 10 minutes. 

Just finished watching on catch up.  Can’t say I’m disappointed because I’m not.  Was happy when the scots made the squad but the rugby has been really turgid to watch.  The Scots being scapegoated for failing to play gatlandball to welsh standards makes me even less bothered.  Watching Williams make a c**t of it all game cheered me up.  He can’t hold a candle to Hogg.

It will take a long time to reconcile the dislike Scotland fans have for Welsh rugby that gatland has created.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Tom Curry has to be the worst performance to start all three tests in Lions history. 

Curry was consistently awful in all 3 tests. I don't think he jackaled a ball, and apparently gave away 7 penalties in 3 games (I thought it was more). 

However, he's a media darling for some reason and seems to be beyond criticism. 

One of the reasons The Lions lost was because both Curry and Lawes were rubbish at 6 and 7. Beirne and Hamish must be incredulous that they didn't get any real gametime. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Curry was consistently awful in all 3 tests. I don't think he jackaled a ball, and apparently gave away 7 penalties in 3 games (I thought it was more). 

most of these stats seem to forget advantages that are not called back 

Happy the Scottish players played well.
No that fussed the lions lost tbh. Deserved for playing turgid rugby
Great Post.
In all honesty I couldn't give a flying.. but today proved some things...Price and Russell best outhalfs in NH, Welsh savior Williams is a poor man's Hogg and Mish is 100 times the player Curry is. All in all a good day...

12 hours ago, Detournement said:

Gatland was asked in his interview about Finn and agreed it was a good performance but then immediately brought up a knock on. He obviously knows Russell just made him look like a dick. 

Russell didn't mention Gatland in his interview, said Gregor told him to play his own game and said his main experience of the tour was watching and thinking how he would do it differently. 

Sky haven't mentioned the 'English' pack losing two scrums on their own ball in the final 10 minutes. 

Yeah, I just watched this, there is clearly no love lost there at all. I remember seeing Finn asked about the time he went out to NZ as part of the Geography 6, with the interviewer obviously expecting him to be gushing about what an honour it was, and he basically said it was shit and a waste of time.

It was obvious as well that when Russell came on he played his own game and his team mates responded to that because the switch back to Warrenball at the start of the second half was actually quite jarring.

12 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, I just watched this, there is clearly no love lost there at all. I remember seeing Finn asked about the time he went out to NZ as part of the Geography 6, with the interviewer obviously expecting him to be gushing about what an honour it was, and he basically said it was shit and a waste of time.

It was obvious as well that when Russell came on he played his own game and his team mates responded to that because the switch back to Warrenball at the start of the second half was actually quite jarring.

I’m no authority on Rugby by any stretch of the imagination, but any time I watch Finn Russell he always seems to be the guy trying something different that none of his teammates are able to see coming. It’s like Iniesta playing inch perfect through balls for a couple of Junior level strikers who aren’t clever enough to make the run. That could very well be absolute nonsense and I wouldn’t disagree with someone who knows more about the game than me, but even when you see him for Scotland he always seems to be trying cute little kicks through or changing direction and punting out to the wings, but because no one has seen it coming he can end up looking daft. 

I’m no authority on Rugby by any stretch of the imagination, but any time I watch Finn Russell he always seems to be the guy trying something different that none of his teammates are able to see coming. It’s like Iniesta playing inch perfect through balls for a couple of Junior level strikers who aren’t clever enough to make the run. That could very well be absolute nonsense and I wouldn’t disagree with someone who knows more about the game than me, but even when you see him for Scotland he always seems to be trying cute little kicks through or changing direction and punting out to the wings, but because no one has seen it coming he can end up looking daft. 
To be honest it depends on gameplan. Scotland play a high tempo offloading game so are agile to respond to Finns genius. Some of these Welsh Warren haddies can't..

Guest Bob Mahelp

If The Lions franchise is to survive, they have to cut themselves loose from that fucking idiot Gatland.

I see that he's said that he could well be available in 4 years time.....Jesus Christ, another tour with him and his Welsh cabal playing Warrenball. 

He probably knows that how much he's disliked back in NZ, and he knows he'll never get a decent gig there. 

16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If The Lions franchise is to survive, they have to cut themselves loose from that fucking idiot Gatland.

I see that he's said that he could well be available in 4 years time.....Jesus Christ, another tour with him and his Welsh cabal playing Warrenball. 

He probably knows that how much he's disliked back in NZ, and he knows he'll never get a decent gig there. 

Yeah, this needs to be the end of Gatland. He's had plenty now, won a series against a pretty shite Australia team, drew a series against NZ which really came down to a ref call in the end, and then yesterday his luck ran out. He's been a great coach for Wales, and you can't argue with his achievements, but time moves on, and he's not really moved with the times.