Rugby Union

kiwififer

I hope France pump England. 

Townsend has lost his mind. Kinghorn was pretty poor, to the surprise of no-one. Hogg not passing is unforgivable. 

Can’t stand this Irish team, which makes it all the worse.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Wee Hollie from last night will be very confused by that yellow. 

Different circumstances regarding line breaks. Davidson is a quality ref from first hand experience.

That said, referees need to look at the meaning of deliberate knock on. The number of cards given because someone tried catch the ball with one hand is bizarre. Doesn't mean it was deliberate.

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yet another abject humiliation.

There is simply no argument for him keeping his job.

other than the emergence of Schoeman and Darge, and Graham and Fagerson stepping up a level, the only positive I can think of is that hopefully he'll at least realise he needs to chuck out the game plan and start again 18 months rather than 6 months before the World Cup. He's again got the team playing a way which caught teams out for a year or so and they have now firmly worked it out. He's going nowhere though so hope's the best we've got. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

I heard the pre-match chat on Radio Scotland on the way home from the football. They were discussing last weekend's post match drinks and the shambolic handling of it by the SRU. There was no way it was ever going to fly under the radar, it could and should have been dealt with publicly on Monday. Simple statement saying 6 players had breached the disciplinary code and were being dealt with internally. Rumours that Finn was out until 4am, and that's why his punishment included being benched.

It seems the senior players now think the rules are too strict, but these are rules that they helped come up with, especially Hogg as captain. The point was made about how hard is it to go a week or too without a bevvy when you are representing your country at the highest level.

Edited by peasy23

Even as a rugby layman, that was dreadful stuff. Seems to be a mentality problem among the players as well as being pretty weak continuously against Ireland. I would imagine there's no chance of Townsend getting canned by the SRU?

I heard the pre-match chat on Radio Scotland on the way home from the football. They were discussing last weekend's post match drinks and the shambolic handling of it by the SRU. There was no way it was ever going to fly under the radar, it could and should have been dealt with publicly on Monday. Simple statement saying 6 players had breached the disciplinary code and were being dealt with internally. Rumours that Finn was out until 4am, and that's why his punishment included being benched.
It seems the senior players now think the rules are too strict, but these are rules that they helped come up with, especially Hogg as captain. The point was made about how hard is it to go a week or too without a bevvy when you are representing your country at the highest level.
He also didn't return to the team hotel on Saturday, went to his parents house in Stirling from what I've heard.

7 minutes ago, super_carson said:
33 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

He also didn't return to the team hotel on Saturday, went to his parents house in Stirling from what I've heard.

Yep, that was mentioned on radio too.

That sequence leading up to the Nel latching penalty was like watching Andy Robinson era Scotland.

You were generally surprised when Ireland didn’t score every time they were in the 22, guys hitting the ball at pace every time, whereas we shovel it back to Jonny Gray or whoever standing still, who flops to the ground behind the gainline.

A serious rethink is required. Sad days when potentially denying Ireland a winning bonus point is the only thing you are playing for.

34 minutes ago, super_carson said:
1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Heard this as well I'm afraid.