Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This Welcome To The Country speech is pretty inspiring. Miles better than a knee. 

Lloyd Walker was a very decent player too.

He was basically kept out of the Wallaby side for most of his career by Mark Ella and Michael Lynagh

53 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Maybe overstating it but the best analogy I can see for that NZ team is Italy with Parisse, such was the difference between Savea and the rest. Most of the guys they've brought through recently aren't at the level and some of the old timers just aren't hitting the same standard anymore. For now anyway, watch them blow everyone away in the Autumn 

I thought pretty much all the Kiwis playing for Ireland were much better than their opposite number. Gibson Park and Aki in particular.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
13 minutes ago, GAD said:
I'm not sure England or Australia are particularly good teams right now. Wish we had them in the WC.

Yes, we will really struggle to get out our group, Ire and SA are just much better.

Yeah, we've been pretty unlucky with that draw, I think the group we play in the quarters is France and NZ as well? All because World Rugby did the draw based on form about 4 years ago. Going to be some real shite in the semis with some much better teams sitting at home.

Yeah, we've been pretty unlucky with that draw, I think the group we play in the quarters is France and NZ as well? All because World Rugby did the draw based on form about 4 years ago. Going to be some real shite in the semis with some much better teams sitting at home.
Yes, and yet again Wales will probably make semis due to their draw. Aus, Eng, Wal and Arg on one side and SA NZ Fra Ireland(top 4 in world) plus Scotland on otherside. Ridiculous really. Mind u our fault for not being seeded.

Just now, Detournement said:

Lawes should be getting a yellow for killing that. 

Definitely, was surprised it wasn't. Been a pretty messy game, but Australia the better of the two, though heres another honking mistake.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Not sure White did anything wrong there.  Wasn’t held and was back on his feet when he got pinged for holding

TBF, two Aussies went hurtling off their feet as they came in from the side right in front of the ref, so that probably obscured his view!