Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 minute ago, Detournement said:
I thought that was a try. 
The scrum looks a problem now. 

Does it?

Bhatti did well there. I think Sebastian was the problem on the previous one. 

Hopefully Christie gets involved. 

I'm with DT, that was a decent performance in the end. Kinghorn at 10 isn't going to work for me though, he's not a good enough passer, quite telling that none of our tries really involved him, was mostly forward pressure and hitting good lines off 9. Though White was excellent actually. Kinghorn was much better when he went on the wing. Back row was excellent throughout.

I'm with DT, that was a decent performance in the end. Kinghorn at 10 isn't going to work for me though, he's not a good enough passer, quite telling that none of our tries really involved him, was mostly forward pressure and hitting good lines off 9. Though White was excellent actually. Kinghorn was much better when he went on the wing. Back row was excellent throughout.
Good post. Just to add, Kinghorns place kicking is woeful

Much more promising last night. Particularly:

1. Last ditch defence. Got lucky once or twice but we seemed very determined not to give up a try even once the game was won, which is something we've been guilty of before. Darge, Watson and Fagerson in the backrow all looked a big jackal threat which we've not been as proficient at lately.

2. Bennet and Johnson looks a decent centre partnership. Think detournement is right that a lot of Sam's criticism has been unwarranted, picking him alongside Harris isn't my preference but it's not his fault. He and Bennett seem to be able to share attacking and defensive duties (despite being an attacking player Bennett has never been poor defensively anyway imo) and both did well with what they were given yesterday. 

think the centre partnerships going forward should be, depending on availability/opposition, Redpath/Hutchinson and Harris or Johnson and Bennett. 

3. Carrying, the thing that's pissed me off watching Scotland for about 3 years now, looked much much better yesterday. Little moments like Skinners big dominant clearout opening the space for Watson's score, Schoeman adjusting before the line to hit a soft shoulder and break through or Fagerson checking and hitting the last forward, making the room for one of the centre's tries, were all the sort of clever plays we've failed to build into our game recently.

Pattern wise looked to have a lot more genuine options close to the gain line that our usual obvious carrier taking the ball standing still, and we're happier to play a little pop pass to move the poc last minute. Funnily enough carrying is much more effective in those circumstances!

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

What's everyone thinking in the backrow now?

Matt Fagerson has 8 nailed down so it's down to 2 out of 3 from Ritchie, Darge and Watson. I'd go with Ritchie at 6 every time as he's good in the lineout and very strong around the rucks in defence where we struggle against good teams. So Darge vs Watson for the 7 shirt with Darge on top at the moment I think.