Rugby Union

kiwififer

Ulster fans are something else. Bunch of fannies. Imagine going along to the Munster-Glasgow final a couple of years back with the sole purpose of booing Matawalu.

Glad to see Glasgow start well. No World Cup to distract them this year either.

This....nico certainly made most of the challenge but it was high and off the ball. If refs didn't let irish teams away with murder nico wouldn't have had to highlight it.

No reason why they can't. Saracens won it last year who are clearly very good given they were top seeds along with Glasgow last year but, in my opinion, don't have a fantastic squad. A very good squad but not fantastic. Certainly not as good as Racing 92 who were runners-up. Sarries have McCall as their head coach who, like Toonie, has worked his way up and has clearly instilled a sense of togetherness in the squad. They respect him. Likewise, the Warriors team respect Toonie you'd imagine. No reason why Warriors can't make the final. No idea about Edinburgh - they no longer have worldwide superstar Allan Jacobsen playing for them.

Edinburgh aren't in champions cup and Glasgow have the © GROUP OF DEAAAAATH. Not impossible but very very difficult for the weeg.

Racing will finish top of that group. Glasgow, I think, have a decent chance of finishing 2nd. Just a case of whether they finish amongst the best runners-up. I hope Munster finish bottom of that group. Irrational dislike of them based on Paul O'Connell having played for them in the past.

Like I said before, no reason why Glasgow can't do well. No World Cup this year to distract them, they've horsed the Pro12 winners last year and beat the runners-up with a bonus point too. Rather sexy start if you don't mind me saying so.

My concern for 2nd is with such a strong group it'll b hard to be the best runners up. I'd prefer format to see more team / groups to allow top 2 to make knockout stages. Would allow for more Romanian / Georgian sides to come into challenge cup. I wouldn't rule out Glasgow but they need a bit of luck with other results (unless of course they just keep horsing everyone ). They've never been lucky with euro draws. Right now not sure there are many if any better teams outside of France than Glasgow. It's been an awesome start to season with a few big hitters still waiting to come back.

Eta I hate munster as a team too....horribly cynical and allowed by Pro12 refs to get away with all sorts of skullduggery. Least favourite team munster.....least favourite fans.....ulster.

Really enjoyed that game. Glasgow were hard and clinical and did their best to take the ref out the game. It was unfortunate he got the opportunity to show the yellow, as it was the only time Leinster looked good, but it just shows how on the ball Glasgow have to be with these pro 12 refs. You can't give them them the opportunity, especially an Irish ref.

The refereeing has been a long standing gripe on here, it makes a mockery of the competition imo when you have Irish or Welsh refs in charge of games between teams from their own country and another. Some of the decisions I've seen from Irish refs in particular have been ridiculous.

15 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Racing will finish top of that group. Glasgow, I think, have a decent chance of finishing 2nd. Just a case of whether they finish amongst the best runners-up. I hope Munster finish bottom of that group. Irrational dislike of them based on Paul O'Connell having played for them in the past.

Like I said before, no reason why Glasgow can't do well. No World Cup this year to distract them, they've horsed the Pro12 winners last year and beat the runners-up with a bonus point too. Rather sexy start if you don't mind me saying so.

What's to dislike about Paul O'Connell if I may ask?

The refereeing has been a long standing gripe on here, it makes a mockery of the competition imo when you have Irish or Welsh refs in charge of games between teams from their own country and another. Some of the decisions I've seen from Irish refs in particular have been ridiculous.

The fact that the irb referees hq is in the same building as the irfu is of course a total Co incidence....its crazy that we still don't have neutral refs in pro 12 and even more bizarre that we don't have any scottish refs given the standard of some of the Irish ones kicking about. Hodges owens n Ian Davies are miles ahead of the other refs.

The fact that the irb referees hq is in the same building as the irfu is of course a total Co incidence....its crazy that we still don't have neutral refs in pro 12 and even more bizarre that we don't have any scottish refs given the standard of some of the Irish ones kicking about. Hodges owens n Ian Davies are miles ahead of the other refs.

There is a Scottish ref team(ref, 1 touch judge and TMO) used in opening two rounds. Mitrea was touch judge in New Zealand and Owens was ref in Australia at the weekend so they were short on 2 refs. So only 2 games at the weekend were neutral the Edinburgh and Newport games on the Friday compared to all the games on the opening weekend

Apparently the clown Stephen Jones has picked his lions squad... 36 of them. With no Stuart Hogg. What a fanny

Jones is rugby's equivalent of Adrian Durham. Don't know of anyone who takes him seriously apart from himself. Barring injury hogg has to be red hot favourite for the 15 jersey even with Gatland in charge. Seymour has also started season superbly, though there are so many English n Welsh wingers in the mix I suspect he will be (wrongly) ignored. On a different note quite surprised to see that the Cardiff Glasgow game on fri isn't being televised (as far as I can see). With both starting season well fancied watching this. Guess there will be a stream somewhere.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Apparently the clown Stephen Jones has picked his lions squad... 36 of them. With no Stuart Hogg. What a fanny

But he has picked Ruaridh Jackson for some reason...

At the bottom he says he's picked on current form, then picks two fullbacks, one of whom has been injured and another who's been quite shite at the expense of Hogg and Williams. Idiot.

At the bottom he says he's picked on current form, then picks two fullbacks, one of whom has been injured and another who's been quite shite at the expense of Hogg and Williams. Idiot.

I like Jackson. Underrated 10 and can cover 15. Nowhere near lions but certainly an option Scotland should bear in mind if Russell or horne are unavailable. As you said Jones is an idiot. Has zero credibility with anyone involved in rugby.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

Where does Jackson play nowadays?

:whistle

He's the guy that choked an easy drop goal to beat France in the WC 2011

So even after I have found his wilkapedia page with his career history (over 100 caps) I still don't recognise him. But I know he is Welsh and all I really remember about the game v France was the red card