Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

He'd get eaten alive defensively in the 12 channel.

I'd agree on wing probably being his best position. His main issue (apart from his tackling) is that he's about 3rd or 4th best in about 4 different positions. He's an excellent bench option, but I don't think he should start in any of the positions he can cover.

Yeah. I'm slightly delirious with the flu but I was thinking there he's the type of guy who Ireland and France maybe look at when they're 18/19 and go - that young FH/FB who's generally skillful, big, strong, very fast and hard to stop - well he's a back row now

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Almost makes me want England to win so I can hear him cry into his Guinness.

He's so bad he makes Stephen Ferris and Jamie Heaslip look balanced

It’s not even close for me. I’d support Will Carling’s England against this Ireland team,  their whinging entitled media and fans.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

What's wrong with the Irish fans? 

They are exactly how England fans used to be (still are?) They also never praise Scotland for anything

10 minutes ago, Snobot said:

It’s not even close for me. I’d support Will Carling’s England against this Ireland team,  their whinging entitled media and fans.

1991 England team

Jason Leonard
Brian Moore
Jeff Probyn
Paul Ackford
Wade Dooley
Mike Teague
Peter Winterbottom
Dean Richards
Richard Hill
Rob Andrew
Rory Underwood
Will Carling (c.)
Jerry Guscott
Nigel Heslop
Simon Hodgkinson

1 Good guy and 14 wanks

3 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

They are exactly how England fans used to be (still are?) They also never praise Scotland for anything

That's not been my experience and I live in the country (and used to live in England). They're also number 1 in the world and have beaten all the usual big hitters in past year, it's hardly surprising there might be some expectations. Heaven forbid Scotland ever reach that level.

Edited by Jeff Venom

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

That's not been my experience and I live in the country. They're also number 1 in the world and have beaten all the usual big hitters in past year, it's hardly surprising there might be some expectations. Heaven forbid Scotland ever reach that level.

The entire Irish rugby media/social media reacted to Scottish people saying "we will really struggle to beat Ireland but we're really good" with thinly-veiled Kevin Keegan shit as if we were talking ourselves up.

On the flip side, the couple of Irish rugby fans I'm pally with aren't like that at all and were a good laugh/magnanimous about last week, so I don't think it's representative of your "man in the street". To me it's mainly mental media stuff whereas ours often still acts as if we should be delighted to win more than the odd game