Rugby Union

kiwififer

David Wilkinson used to referee here in the Premiership/National Leagues/Whatever they are/were called, and was an excellent referee. Understood the game, and how to manage it.

He went back to Ireland to climb the ladder, and as has become a complete and utter fud.

I particularly like him coaching props on how to scrummage......one of the many things about modern reffing that boils my wee

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

I particularly like him coaching props on how to scrummage......one of the many things about modern reffing that boils my wee

There's a great story of Sean Fitzpatrick being invited to an IRB refs conference around 2000 to discuss scrummaging where he showed them 10 videos of scrums collapsing and asked them to say who they would penalise and why.

He then explained to them why they were all wrong, and highlighted what should have been given. It's amazing to think that the refereeing of the scrum has got worse since.