Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, GAD said:

I hate to say it with 10 whole mins in a tight game for him to f**k us, but this has been one of the best refs I've seen in ages. I have no idea who he ys either, never seen him before.

Yeah, he's been very good.

He's been pretty strict to the letter of the law, and the game has been excellent as a result - who'd have thought???

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not quite, given a couple of them were follow-up penalties after they kicked into the corner, but I agree with the general point. Build the score and frustrate the Frenchies

It's not just Glasgow that do it, but they should definitely be taking points, especially when they were trailing at the time. There's no pressure bigger than scoreboard pressure. 

Just now, Left Back said:

Poor call to kick for the lineout at the end rather than secure posession with a scrum.  Almost cost them but that’s a great result.

The scrum had got obliterated about a minute before, and would have been at the previous scrum if they hadn't gone channel 1. They'd have had a penalty on halfway if we had gone for the scrum

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The scrum had got obliterated about a minute before, and would have been at the previous scrum if they hadn't gone channel 1. They'd have had a penalty on halfway if we had gone for the scrum

There’s your answer.  Winds me up when teams don’t take scrums at the death.  Channel 1 quick strike to me is a better percentage of securing the ball than a malfunctioning lineout.  It wasn’t like they stopped the frogs hopping down the pitch anyway.