Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think it will depend on how Farrell wants to play. For example could you imagine a back line of Russell, VDM, Huwipolitu, Graham behind a completely dominant pack? If Farrell wants to win in style (and lets be honest we could send Scotland A over and give Australia a match at the moment) you dont want to be playing dull Gatland-esque rugby you pick Russell. I think he will be looking at a huge series win in style which would be good for the Scotland backs and back row, but will look to ensure a dominant scrum and line out which will favour the Irish / English front 5

Everyone's favourite fa,ily man seems to have had a cracking family day at New Year.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/stuart-hogg-deletes-instagram-after-31855858

Some of the stories about it going round are absolutely mental. He's turning into rugby's Leigh Griffiths, without the P&B diary serialisation

12 hours ago, Left Back said:

Hutchinson subbed off after 71.  Looked really impressive.

I think it’s fair to say Townsend doesn’t rate him, and it doesn’t matter how well he plays. 

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Everyone's favourite fa,ily man seems to have had a cracking family day at New Year.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/stuart-hogg-deletes-instagram-after-31855858

Some of the stories about it going round are absolutely mental. He's turning into rugby's Leigh Griffiths, without the P&B diary serialisation

The Sun’s version of that story is hilariously badly written.  It features a “witness” who testifies to Hogg having deleted his instagram.  

Weir definitely dropped significantly before the contact, so yellow is probably correct based on the protocol.

My argument with tackles like that this that the tackler was always upright, so head contact was always a likely outcome, and that should be refereed differently to someone who makes head contact while actually attempting to go lower

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Weir dropping doesn't matter when there's absolutely no attempt to wrap in the first place, and Fisilau is moving up the way on contact. There's no mitigation there.

I agree with your point, but, sadly, for some reason, the protocol looks at the actions of the ball carrier before anything else, which is ridiculous

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Thought I read that Johnny Gray was back from injury but no sign of him on the team sheet?

He's back in training but not fully back playing yet.

He's also likely off to Bordeaux in the summer, so there are rumours he might not get that much more game time at Exeter