Rugby Union

kiwififer

The midfield was such an issue for so long that it's amazing that we have left out our best performer from the first two games and replaced him with someone of the quality of Bennett.

Pretty young team across the board as well, things are looking good in the long term.

Agree.. Just need to believe going into six nations. I'd love it if we beat Ireland first game. Since the AB win in Chicago they think their top dogs. We should be beating them at home

Surely this would have been an ideal opportunity to look at other options at 9? Other than that agree with the point that it's amazing we can replace a player like huw Jones with quality like mark bennett and we still have Duncan taylor and matt Scott out there as well.

Surely this would have been an ideal opportunity to look at other options at 9? Other than that agree with the point that it's amazing we can replace a player like huw Jones with quality like mark bennett and we still have Duncan taylor and matt Scott out there as well.

I wonder if Price we will get a chance to make his debut after sitting on the bench in the last two games

Before all that, very tough game at home vs the Ospreys tonight.  Very tight in the league.  They have Fijian fly-half Josh Matavesi starting but have 7 Welsh players out. 

However, we have a few Scottish players back such as Gordon Reid, Tim Swinson and Josh Strauss who's the captain.  Going to the game as per the norm for me.  However, very tough game.

Edinburgh are away to the Dragons on Sun.

Edited by come on shire

Before all that, very tough game at home vs the Ospreys tonight.  Very tight in the league.  They have Fijian fly-half Josh Matavesi starting but have 7 Welsh players out. 

However, we have a few Scottish players back such as Gordon Reid, Tim Swinson and Josh Strauss who's the captain.  Going to the game as per the norm for me.  However, very tough game.

Edinburgh are away to the Dragons on Sun.

Is a really tough game but there is a real need to get back on track after that last Pro12 game. That was a shocker of a performance. Hopefully plenty of prep time with the squad should see a good response

I wonder if Price we will get a chance to make his debut after sitting on the bench in the last two games

Price isn't the short term answer (prygos n shc should be next cabs off rank) but laidlaws passing was so poor last week I'd have settled for price. Backline had no chance at all to operate with such poor service. As an aside Peter hornes wee Bro George is on Glasgow bench tonight. Looked a cracking prospect for Scotland u20s last year goalkicker n slick pass off both sides. Could be a future Scotland 9.

4 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Price isn't the short term answer (prygos n shc should be next cabs off rank) but laidlaws passing was so poor last week I'd have settled for price. Backline had no chance at all to operate with such poor service. As an aside Peter hornes wee Bro George is on Glasgow bench tonight. Looked a cracking prospect for Scotland u20s last year goalkicker n slick pass off both sides. Could be a future Scotland 9.

Price and Horne could definitely be the future at SH.  Would have expected Pyrgos to be the backup to Laidlaw at the moment - SHC should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey until he sorts out his Edinburgh form.

Price and Horne could definitely be the future at SH.  Would have expected Pyrgos to be the backup to Laidlaw at the moment - SHC should be nowhere near a Scotland jersey until he sorts out his Edinburgh form.

Yeah shc is frustrating. At his best he's excellent in every area but then his form just goes awol. Thought Kennedy had looked sharp for embra since hodge took over. Price is still learning n had a rough one against connacht end of last season but that's no bad thing. Does a scrum half good to learn that the ball won't always come back to you on a silver platter. He'll be a better player for a wee bit adversity.