Rugby Union

kiwififer

On 23/06/2024 at 01:43, ajwffc said:

Simple way around it. 

URC picks the venue before hand. They book 2 hotels and training facilities. Highest ranked side gets firSt pick 

IMO that doesn't give enough incentive to and reward for finishing higher up the league table. I thought the neutral venue finals meant there was no difference between finishing first or second and I much prefer a big reward.

Still, in the last two season Munster and Glasgow have won away semis and finals, with Munster winning an away QF too. 

38 minutes ago, GordonS said:

IMO that doesn't give enough incentive to and reward for finishing higher up the league table. I thought the neutral venue finals meant there was no difference between finishing first or second and I much prefer a big reward.

Still, in the last two season Munster and Glasgow have won away semis and finals, with Munster winning an away QF too. 

I agree.  It's a reward for putting your resources into finishing higher up the table.  I think that's where Leinster went wrong this season.  They focused on Champions Cup, managing their squad rotation at the expense of the URC and came a cropper.  

It's an absolutely astounding achievement by Glasgow (and by Munster the season before).  Made all the sweeter, by the fact it had to be done "the hard way".  

Glasgow have shown, that there is no reason why the Scottish clubs shouldn't be dining at the same table as the Bulls, Stormers, Leinster and Munster.

Forza Glasgow and pull yer finger oot Edinburgh!

aDONis

Kinghorn starting at 11 again for Toulouse in the Top14 final vs Bordeaux. If Toulouse win they'll be in Tier 1 with Glasgow for the European Champions Cup pool draw which means we won't draw them. 

Also TNT Sports are showing all of Scotland's summer and autumn games. However the BBC Sport Scotland channel are also showing the Chile and Uruguay games in July.

Another magnificent display of officiating in the top 14 final as they completely ignore a blatant forward pass in the build up to the first try because they were desperate to send somebody off instead. Ref pretty much only has eyes for one team again and the game will be over by half time. Bit depressing.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Antoine Dupont is one of the greatest ever, and it's an absolute privilege to watch him

would not make the SA squad according to their fans 

Posted (edited)

Edinburgh have drawn Georgia's Black Lion so they have a meeting with their old head coach Richard Cockerill. Obviously Edinburgh can't play Scarlets as they're in the URC.

Screenshot_2024-07-02-12-44-02-78_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Edited by come on shire

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Has this tournament been advertised and I've just missed it or is this SRU incompetence as usual?

I had no idea about it.  It’s on the telly, apparently.  

Just now, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Is this the cricket World Cup? Can't be our under 20 side surely

Samoa beat us back in the day.