Rugby Union

kiwififer

Been thinking again about the backline for tomorrow, and how it's probably the strongest overall that I've seen Scotland field. The only comparable ones would be the 1990 GS/1991 RWC team, and the 1999 team that won the 5N.
1990 - Hastings, Stanger, Hastings, Lineen, Tukalo, Chalmers, Armstrong
1999 - Metcalfe, Murray, Tait, Leslie, Logan, Townsend, Armstrong
2017 - Hogg, Maitland, Jones, Dunbar, Seymour, Russell, Laidlaw.
The only one I'd 100% swap is Armstrong for Laidlaw. I'd definitely keep the wingers. Any other change would be a borderline call.

I'd take the 1990 back line. Probably more due to sheer nostalgia as that was around the time I really caught the rugby bug. But totally agreed this current crop are on a par with them and well beyond more recent groupings.

4 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Commentators are going to greet if Munster don't win this.

Don't worry. The officials will find a way to help Munster win - even if they're 7 points behind and it's the last play. Cunts.

*edit* I see that cunts has not been censored.

Cunt.

*further edit* Riveting. 

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

11 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Don't worry. The officials will find a way to help Munster win - even if they're 7 points behind and it's the last play. Cunts.

*edit* I see that cunts has not been censored.

Cunt.

*further edit* Riveting. 

Fuck, fuckity fuck, fuck, fuck.

**** still works though.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

How mentally wk are Scottish teams... Edinburgh beaten by 1 point. Scotland u20 dominated Ireland.. beaten by 1 point. Ladies beaten by injury try. Scotland beaten by 1 point last two times v Oz. Munster pipping Glasgow in champions cup big game. Pathetic really. Same will happen tomorrow

It's the fucking referees! Get with the program.

Or maybe our PEDs aren't as good? I'm sticking with that.

And in fairness to Scotland 20....its been a huge turnover in personnel....the last two seasons they've been hugely competitive for the first time ever beating Italy Wales, thrashing England n beating Australia for 1st time ever at that level...now those guys are holding fort for Scotland 7s, Glasgow n embra. The u20s are now a very young inexperienced squad again

How mentally wk are Scottish teams... Edinburgh beaten by 1 point. Scotland u20 dominated Ireland.. beaten by 1 point. Ladies beaten by injury try. Scotland beaten by 1 point last two times v Oz. Munster pipping Glasgow in champions cup big game. Pathetic really. Same will happen tomorrow

Harsh on both u20 which have had a huge turnover in personnel n ladies who in prev years have been utter cannon fodder. Mental strength wasn't an issue in that and it won't be at murrayfield....fair refereeing might be....but there was bugger all wrong with scottish mentality when Glasgow with an all scottish side stuck 43 on Leicester away from home, when Glasgow won pro 12 cpl yrs back, when scottish u20 horsed England u20s 4 converted tries to nil last year, when u20s beat Australia in u20 rwc last season...what we need is a positive fan base n refs who don't screw us over before game even starts. That's before we mention Glasgow beasting bath at home n embra beasting harlequins home n away.

I absolutely love the 6 nations and am looking forward to this afternoon's match like it's Xmas.  Three failed rugby-playing dads and three current rugby-playing sons with mixed nationalities including Scotland, Sweden, China, France, Ireland and England coming to the hoose.

We'll have stovies and bottles of beer from The Chiltern Brewery.  Expecting a Scotland win.

5 hours ago, dogmc said:

And in fairness to Scotland 20....its been a huge turnover in personnel....the last two seasons they've been hugely competitive for the first time ever beating Italy Wales, thrashing England n beating Australia for 1st time ever at that level...now those guys are holding fort for Scotland 7s, Glasgow n embra. The u20s are now a very young inexperienced squad again

Does playing for Glasgow or Edinburgh take priority over playing for the under 20s? I saw Kinghorn playing for Edinburgh yesterday, though maybe he's too old now?