Rugby Union

kiwififer

In seriousness can anyone recall last time a ref favoured a Scottish team the way France and wales have been in last 2 games??

As I said, I'm not a rugby man.

But surely there's a hefty amount of bias on here? Every game it seems we're hard done by. And yet the neutral analysts don't seem to see it that way?

But surely there's a hefty amount of bias on here? Every game it seems we're hard done by. And yet the neutral analysts don't seem to see it that way?

I'm sure the Welsh P&B equivalent are furious at the ref also!

1 minute ago, jmothecat said:

I thought that was a harsh pen but considering some of the ones Wales got its deserved.

It wasn't harsh. He lay there until he got trapped, then started flapping about as if he was trying to get away. Only problem was he was flopping up and down rather than trying to get out.

It's less of a Scotland thing....the irb has year after year encouraged refs to give the bigger teams 'the benefit of the doubt'. There is a culture of refs deciding early on who they will penalise in games and sticking with that despite the merits of individual incidents. Brian Moore always moans about this. It happened to France in 2011 rwc final when joubert reffed them right out if the match. In the last two matches the number of times we have had attacks blunted by defenders going illegally offside n going off feet in rucks is ridiculous. The analysts that bbc use are utter clowns. If you listen to guys on radio 5 or bbc Scotland you'll get a far clearer view on how poor referees are. This happens continually in Pro12 as well.

To be only 4 pts down at halftime with the wind in the second half is not bad.

Biggest issue (apart from some dubious refereeing) is that we have kicked too much and been very slow at getting the ball moving at the breakdown.

I've no idea why scottish teams do that. It's why embra threw away the win last night. Ali price is being asked to play a style which doesn't suit him. He naturally gets ball out fast n rarely box kicks.

To be only 4 pts down at halftime with the wind in the second half is not bad.

Biggest issue (apart from some dubious refereeing) is that we have kicked too much and been very slow at getting the ball moving at the breakdown.

Sums up the first 40 pretty well. We've been very naive with the ball in hand, crashing it up into guys like Tipuric and Warburton is never going to end well. The one occasion off the top of my head when we used our back three running at the outside shoulder, we broke into their 5 metre line.

This Welsh side are pretty average, but we've been pretty poor as well. Hopefully Cotter puts a rocket up the arse at half time and we play with a bit more intelligence, do that and we will win.

Sums up the first 40 pretty well. We've been very naive with the ball in hand, crashing it up into guys like Tipuric and Warburton is never going to end well. The one occasion off the top of my head when we used our back three running at the outside shoulder, we broke into their 5 metre line.

This Welsh side are pretty average, but we've been pretty poor as well. Hopefully Cotter puts a rocket up the arse at half time and we play with a bit more intelligence, do that and we will win.

We are playing with the tactics he gave us tbh.