Rugby Union

kiwififer

Watching in pub with sound off and still don't really understand all the rules. Can you settle a debate?

My mate thinks the kick to the corner for the second try was a stupid risk given that we were only a yard out. I think we would have had the advantage anyway so basically a free play.

Who's right?

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Watching in pub with sound off and still don't really understand all the rules. Can you settle a debate?

My mate thinks the kick to the corner for the second try was a stupid risk given that we were only a yard out. I think we would have had the advantage anyway so basically a free play.

Who's right?

Pretty sure we had an advantage

Disagree. Russell missed a con too. Could argue 17 9.. but that last Italian kick was very difficult. 17 6?
Let's get bonus in second half. Would luv to finish 2nd

I would have been pretty happy with 3rd 2nd would be great. Either way wanna be above Wales! !

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

That's what I thought but I'm never sure when advantage is over.

Some sort of territorial or tactical gain is the general indicator. If it's a scrum advantage, it can be kicked away, but not really at a penalty unless they regain possession.

Not much use in the pub (or sometimes at the game), but you only really know if the ref shouts "advantage over"!

Seems bizarre that the guy seen as the best ref around (irrespective of whether you think he hogs the limelight or not, he's a great ref) is stuck out on the touch line for what is an almost meaningless fixture. At least we know the touch judge will get involved at scrums near the side line through (which they always should do but it never seems to happen). Who's doing the Ireland v England game? 

Jérôme Garcès