Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Probably came out wrong tbh.
I like Edinburgh but where is the progression.
Really wish we had a 3rd team - feeder team, it would really help.
Does the SRU have any plans for this?

I see where you're coming from bud. A 3rd team would be helpful.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Glasgow are going to have quite the squad in non-international weeks.  

Fingers crosssed.

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:

The game v Italy in the summer tour on the 10th June will be played in Singapore

Yep. Then the next Sat it's Oz in Sydney (k/o 5am UK time) then Sat after that it's Fiji in Suva.

58 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Strong Warriors side for tomorrow.

a6ea4ad75edf780c409fff99446c0688.jpg

Win or bust for us. Munster with a strong bench. You can probs tell that they have an eye on Europe and the play-offs. MAY give us a slight edge.

Edited by come on shire

Probably came out wrong tbh.
I like Edinburgh but where is the progression.
Really wish we had a 3rd team - feeder team, it would really help.
Does the SRU have any plans for this?

Dont think the funds are there. Was talk about london Scottish being our de facto 3rd side but no idea where that idea is currently. Caley reds play as an amateur district side 2 or 3 games a year and would imagine that would be next franchise to go pro if money became available (id guess playing in either Aberdeen dundee or Stirling? ?) Dont see a south of Scotland team getting big enough crowds to sustain pro rugby ( the old borders reivers had tiny attendances ). Re Edinburgh they do have a decent squad especially the young lads but they are horribly short of confidence. Hopefully cockerill can move them forward though i have grave doubts about his appointment tbh.

What's been the view of Edinburgh having their later season games at Myreside? It seems to feel a bit of a better atmosphere from a Tv perspective than Murrayfield does for Edinburgh games but would be interesting to see what fans think.

Had I not forgotten this was on I might have popped down, live walking distance from Myreside so with Pro-12 rugby on my doorstep (albeit for a dead rubber) it feels like a missed opportunity.

Fuk sake... 3 times into Edinburgh half 13 0. All huff and puff from Edinburgh... it really is shocking. Weir misses easy touch and easy penalty... joke tbh

He was Scotland 1st pick stand off not long ago.....frightening how quickly his game has backwards. His handling n kicking are dire so far tonight