Rugby Union

kiwififer

It's fairly clear that none of these Munster players ever played away at Strathclyde Police, or they wouldn't lie there for as long as they do.

Christ you opened up some mental scars with that one !! As a student player I always wondered what a game between Strathclyde polis n Strathclyde fire brigade would be like.....the Rwanda genocide would be the nearest approximation though with much worse weather.

My first season following Super Rugby since 2011. Taken a while to get used to the format and get up to speed on the younger players. Caught up on highlights from last two weekends today and there was some brilliant entertainment, definitely justifying my decision to get back into it. Went to check the tables now and noticed the rumours about cutting teams is true. FFS.

17 minutes ago, afca32 said:

My first season following Super Rugby since 2011. Taken a while to get used to the format and get up to speed on the younger players. Caught up on highlights from last two weekends today and there was some brilliant entertainment, definitely justifying my decision to get back into it. Went to check the tables now and noticed the rumours about cutting teams is true. FFS.

The offload in the Stormers game by their winger was absolute filth.

Was also great to see the Sunwolves get a win.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

The offload in the Stormers game by their winger was absolute filth.

Was also great to see the Sunwolves get a win.

Aye, good scenes when they won it.

Big Naiyaravoro charging through from 40 metres last weekend was another highlight.

13 minutes ago, afca32 said:

South Africa struggled to fill 5 teams before they went up to 6 so them doping down to 4 should make them more competitive. The Australian rugby union don't have the money for 5 teams. 

I hope they improve some the refs as some of them make he Pro12 refs look good. 

Just now, ajwffc said:

South Africa struggled to fill 5 teams before they went up to 6 so them doping down to 4 should make them more competitive. The Australian rugby union don't have the money for 5 teams. 

I hope they improve some the refs as some of them make he Pro12 refs look good. 

Aye I understand the reasoning but find it a bit frustrating. The Cheetahs, although often the whipping boys, were good entertainment when I followed Super 14 and 15. The South African teams do look weak right now, especially given I watched the Bulls dominating in 2010 and '11, and concentrating on a smaller number of teams probably will help.

Looks like the Western Force for the chop in Australia but really should be the Melbourne Rebels. Think the fact the Rebels is privately owned and the ARU own the Force will mean the ARU will take the easier option. They really should dump both sides though as their introduction hasn't benefited Australian.

Looks like the Western Force for the chop in Australia but really should be the Melbourne Rebels. Think the fact the Rebels is privately owned and the ARU own the Force will mean the ARU will take the easier option. They really should dump both sides though as their introduction hasn't benefited Australian.

With the Kings and cheetahs the favourites for the chop in South Africa

They should add a Pacific Islands team.
I don't think it will happen without major outside investment. I don't think the Blues hierarchy would be to happy as they could lose a large part of their fanbase

I know basically nothing about rugby in Australia but doesn't Melbourne have the reputation for being the 'sports' city?

I lived in Mebourne. Defo a sports city. During the summer it's all cricket. In winter AFL and Rugby League's Melbourne Storm are the 2 big crowd pullers with "soccer" gaining a substantial foothold too. However, there's a limited interest in Union and the Rebels results probably shows that. I have a soft spot for them but I thought it would be them and not Perth's Western Force in for the chop.

Edited by come on shire

Off topic always wondered who supports Melbourne City. Melbourne Victory have been established for a few years, so surely everyone who likes football in Melbourne will be supporting them. So unless people converted to support the other side I can't see where they will get their support base from.