Rugby Union

kiwififer

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but Dave Wilkinson used to ref games here when he was a student at Glasgow Uni. He was a very good ref, and very highly regarded by players, coaches, and other officials.

Then he went back to Ireland, and look at him now...

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but Dave Wilkinson used to ref games here when he was a student at Glasgow Uni. He was a very good ref, and very highly regarded by players, coaches, and other officials.

Then he went back to Ireland, and look at him now...

Boy's a joke. He saw what he wanted to see for the '5th try', rather than what actually happened.

Also, still unsure how George Horne missed that sitter. Not that it matters.

*edit* not a sitter on reflection.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Just now, Allan Jacobsen said:

Boy's a joke. He saw what he wanted to see for the '5th try', rather than what actually happened.

Also, still unsure how George Horne missed that sitter. Not that it matters.

Sitter? It was almost on the touchline and there's a howling gale that he was kicking almost straight into.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

And it was about his first touch!

Apart from that, I agree with you. He's shite, he'll never make it.

I slagged off his kicking and you disagreed. I'm not sure what you can agree with unless you're being charitable. Which I always appreciate.

DID THAT HADDY MISS ANOTHER?!

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I slagged off his kicking and you disagreed. I'm not sure what you can agree with unless you're being charitable.

I'm already in trouble so I might as well say that I don't think that San Hidalgo-Clyne will ever be good enough for Scotland. :P (not sure if that's controversial or not).

DID THAT HADDY MISS ANOTHER?!

I was going more for the traditional Scottish "great young hope makes an error so he must be shite" approach.

Glasgow have played some really good stuff here considering how young and inexperienced a team this is.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I was going more for the traditional Scottish "great young hope makes an error so he must be shite" approach.

Glasgow have played some really good stuff here considering how young and inexperienced a team this is.

I missed the subtle humour. Do you think it's too late for Peter van Vossen to declare himself for Scottish rugby?

Agree with your inexperienced point.