Rugby Union

kiwififer

U20s game on s4c channel 134 sky. Leading 19-12 at ht....very unlucky to have tmo chop another one off right on ht. Looked like a touchdown to me but tmo said it was held up ( if it was I can't see how the Welsh lad wasn't offside). Forwards showing up well n backs look tidy with ball in hand. Defence could be improved a fair bit. Thankfully commentary is in Welsh so can't understand just how biased they are being.

Get it right up ya Wales.
Right beaten Ireland and Wales in 6N,.now rinsed them both in U20 World championship.
Of course we won't get any credit.... we are 2nd tier

Australia I think in 5th/6th place play off. Might be wrong but think is our best effort at this age grade which would be some effort given number n quality of guys we lost from last year. U20s were bit off pace in 6n but this is excellent stuff.

Just a quick look, 8th is the best we've finished so a great tournament already.

We're apparently hosting next year, anyone know of venues being used?

5th or 6th leaves us as 2nd seeds for next year.

Also one of Samoa or Argentina will play off with the loser relegated to the 2018 U20 Trophy. This years winner will be promoted to replace them, with Portugal (Europe), Japan (last years relegated side), Uruguay (hosts), Namibia (africa), Hong Kong (Asia), Fiji (Oceania) and Chile (South America). USA vs Canada qualifier is later today to see who joins them in August / September

5th or 6th leaves us as 2nd seeds for next year.
Also one of Samoa or Argentina will play off with the loser relegated to the 2018 U20 Trophy. This years winner will be promoted to replace them, with Portugal (Europe), Japan (last years relegated side), Uruguay (hosts), Namibia (africa), Hong Kong (Asia), Fiji (Oceania) and Chile (South America). USA vs Canada qualifier is later today to see who joins them in August / September

Didn't know we were hosting! Superb that we will be seeded. Hopefully tickets will be quite reasonable

If it is like the last couple of years we will use two grounds (Broadwood, Scotstoun I would reckon) with 3 to 4 games per match day at each ground (1300,1530,1800,2030 kick off times)

With Hogg ruled out for the rest of the lions tour will he be available to Glasgow for the start of the Pro 12 season? Any idea how long his cheek/eye socket will take to heal

I think he will miss the start of the Pro 12 season? As it meant to be a bad fracture it was mentioned that if he stayed with the tour and damaged it again he could lose sight in that eyw

I think he will miss the start of the Pro 12 season? As it meant to be a bad fracture it was mentioned that if he stayed with the tour and damaged it again he could lose sight in that eyw

When does pro 12 start? Of course I don't think anyone would want to rush him back but it would be a small blessing I suppose if he were fit to start. At least he will be decent rested for the season ahead