What Are You Drinking ?

Escape From The Temple Of Haze East Coast Pale Ale from Garage Project, Wellington, New Zealand. More than one will make escape difficult as it’s a doesn’t taste as strong 7%. Plus the label says there’s no escape.

What do your elf eyes see? Bugger all through this haze! Luscious light lager malt and juicy jumbo oats merge with Strata, Simcoe, Riwaka and Citra hops to conjure up a bewitchingly smooth elixir, bursting with seductively sweet citrus and tropical fruit. Give in to the haze, there is no escape.

IMG_0441.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Back from Dublin last week and this is some of the more interesting sights (tastes) of the last week.
First up was a booked trip to the Jameson distillery. Ok tour, good information and presentation... but the actual whiskey is made in Cork nowadays so if you're hoping to see any pot stills, modern equivalents or barrels of the stuff then you'll be disappointed.

A free glass while admiring artwork isn't too bad though.

image.jpeg

Then at the mid-point, a total of 4 to taste.

image.jpeg

L-R we have Crested (kinda spicy), original/standard, Black Barrel (very caramel-ly, lovely) and Distillery Exclusive (like vanilla and caramel and smooth and lovely). Gift shop is expensive though, got some glasses and shot glasses but the gorgeous exclusive can remain there until I have a spare 110 Euros kicking about.

After that I went to the Temple Bar for their own "exclusive" blend.

image.jpeg

Not really worth it tbh. Place is too busy, a tourist trap, and can barely walk by without someone taking pictures for The Gram. I mean, I did it too but still...

The next day I stopped in The Brazen Head, a sign outside which proclaims it as the oldest pub in Ireland.

image.jpeg

Another Jameson because why not. Still bloody expensive but less busy, a beer garden because tables inside had been reserved. Did have a Saltire on the ceiling inside at least.

Edited by AnderooMFC

Had a trip down to galashiels today,  so popped into the tempest brewery on the way home. Really looking forward to the barrel aged one the most. 

20240705_171833.jpg

20240705_171838.jpg

Fierce have done a collaboration collection exclusive to Aldi. I managed to pick up all 6 last weekend and getting started on them tonight. This session pale ale in collaboration with Williams Brothers is a bloody good start

20240705_194541.jpg

For some reason, I've got loads of Lidls near me but I'll need to hunt down an Aldi to pick up a few of their specials.

France have just won on penalties (any old excuse) so I'm trying this local white beer to celebrate and it's very nice indeed. Moving on in the morning for a few days in Nice before returning to Scotland. Anything much been happening there? 😄

20240705_235311.jpg